Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

22 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Can we subtract Ca$hner's negative rWAR as he bottoms out for the Sawx?  How much rWAR did A Miller provide?  (rhetorical - you have more on your shovel and I am just JYC).  

Miller was very valuable for the 2.5 months he was here.   I don’t want to relitigate the merits of that trade.   We got what we paid for, whether or not we paid more than we should have.   I enjoyed his short tenure as an Oriole.   

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don't even care about the ERod trade.  We got Miller and won the division that year.  I am only angry about Markakis related trades.  First trading for Snider and then trading for Parra all because we were too cheap to sign Markakis.  And the funny thing was at the time almost everyone on here was against signing Markakis. And then we waste all that money on Chris Davis. 

Markakis was my favorite Oriole of the last 20 years and I was very disappointed we did not re-sign him.    That said, at the time I was under the impression that the O’s were under very tight budget constraints and would have to choose among Markakis, Cruz, Hardy and Miller.    At the time, the choice to keep Hardy made sense to me.    But that sure worked out wrong.    And then the next year, after crying poor with those guys, they went and signed Davis to that crazy extension.    That combination of decisions makes no sense at all.   

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don't even care about the ERod trade.  We got Miller and won the division that year.  I am only angry about Markakis related trades.  First trading for Snider and then trading for Parra all because we were too cheap to sign Markakis.  And the funny thing was at the time almost everyone on here was against signing Markakis. And then we waste all that money on Chris Davis. 

This is exactly my view on it too.  I can justify the ERod trade because the Miller trade was a "go for it" move.  Heck I could have justified trading the farm for Jon Lester that year too like was rumored for a minute.  Legit shots at a World Series don't come along so often. 

But failing to find a real right fielder ever since Markakis left was unacceptable.  Only thing more unacceptable was DD trading his  best AAA starter for a rental when they struggled EVERY year to fill out a capable MLB rotation (besides 2014).  And they didn't even have to resign Markakis, there was some real risk there, but to never adequately find a replacement for seasons after was crazy. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

It will be payback for ERod if Prado or Romero actually develop into major league players.   Rodriguez has been worth 10.6 rWAR for Boston, has won 45 games for them, and has two years of control left after this one.    Shall we count up the Orioles pitchers who have accrued 10.6 rWAR and won 45 games between 2015 and now?   Hint: there aren’t any.   

Jake Arrietta has 24.3 rWar and has won 86 games since 2013.