Ichiro's Contract

KLINE

$17 miilion a year plus deferred money till 2032 plus housing allowance $32000 plus a new car every year, plus flight back and forth to Japan? What for $17 million a year you cant afford a new Jeep and a plush Condo in Seattle? Glad I am not living there!

$17 miilion a year plus deferred money till 2032 plus housing allowance $32000 plus a new car every year, plus flight back and forth to Japan? What for $17 million a year you cant afford a new Jeep and a plush Condo in Seattle? Glad I am not living there!

I'd write all silly sorts of crap into a contract if it were me.

His Japanese fans should be insulted that he wanted an American mae vehicle.

Count me as one of the few people that doesn't have any qualms with Ichiro's contract. He's the face of the Mariners franchise.

Oh my post wasn't meant to say the contract was bad. I also think he's worth the money. I just thought all the little things added in were funny...

So they're paying him 5/$65M with $25M deferred which probably only brings the value of that contract up to the 5/$80M range. Not too bad. The 5 years is likely too long, as he'll be 39, but $16M a year for Ichiro isn't a bad deal.

Archived