Orioles need "bat signal" for 3B

Tony-OH

14 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Likely a lot of truth in that but they also have Carpenter who can play that role.

True, unless they can find someone to take Carpenter, which would obviously save them money. 

Now that you mention it, I wonder what it would take to get Carpenter. We could do way worse than him. 

25 minutes ago, joelala said:

True, unless they can find someone to take Carpenter, which would obviously save them money. 

Now that you mention it, I wonder what it would take to get Carpenter. We could do way worse than him. 

Yep.  Was thinking that too but he makes more than $8, so I think we are out on him.

Now that the Braves are rumored contenders for Franco, that opens up another possibility for the Orioles.  Getting Franco - or someone like him - would basically mean the Braves have given up on 23 year old former phenom Austin Riley.   And the O's have infield prospects they could possibly trade to get him (but don't let Gunnar go).  

2 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Now that the Braves are rumored contenders for Franco, that opens up another possibility for the Orioles.  Getting Franco - or someone like him - would basically mean the Braves have given up on 23 year old former phenom Austin Riley.   And the O's have infield prospects they could possibly trade to get him (but don't let Gunnar go).  

If I thought about it in time, I might have said there'd be no need for them to hold the Mayo.  Really?  No, Riley.