At YANKEES (pattooie!) 4-5-21

HowAboutThat

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Congrats to Mac Sceroler. Your manager did you no favors and you came through. Good on ya kid. Glad it worked out, but that is absolutely mind boggling Hyde would throw Sceroler into that situation.

I didn't mind that one as much since we were down 7 but yeah still questionable. Good for him. Bringing in Armstrong is unexplainable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Congrats to Mac Sceroler. Your manager did you no favors and you came through. Good on ya kid. Glad it worked out, but that is absolutely mind boggling Hyde would throw Sceroler into that situation.

To see if he can be in high leverage situations ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He doesn’t think they can score 8....

He should of let the kid start the inning when they were down 6. Let him start a clean inning, but to bring him in with bases loaded against Aaron Judge is just an awful decision no matter how it turned out. I actually lost respect for Hyde's understanding of the game for allowing that to happen. Sure, he got out of it because Judge was a guessing idiot for some reason, but no way a Rule 5 pick should make his debut in that situation. Just crazy.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

He should of let the kid start the inning when they were down 6. Let him start a clean inning, but to bring him in with bases loaded against Aaron Judge is just an awful decision no matter how it turned out. I actually lost respect for Hyde's understanding of the game for allowing that to happen. Sure, he got out of it because Judge was a guessing idiot for some reason, but no way a Rule 5 pick should make his debut in that situation. Just crazy.

But they are down 7. I mean who should he go to there? You want to burn another arm? 

Ideally he does start an inning. He probably starts him fresh next inning.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

But they are down 7. I mean who should he go to there? You want to burn another arm? 

Ideally he does start an inning. He probably starts him fresh next inning.  

I'm not sure who was available and who wasn't.

But you don't put a kid out there, especially a Rule 5 fringe guy like Sceroler, out there with the bases loaded against Judge.  You gotta put the kid in a situation to succeed.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

But you don't put a kid out there, especially a Rule 5 fringe guy like Sceroler, out there with the bases loaded against Judge.  You gotta put the kid in a situation to succeed.

I disagree here. You are down 6. Fry starts inning. Hyde can’t predict what is going to happen.

Do you burn Tate there down 7?  Saving Scott and Valdez for high leverage. Plutko not available. LeBlanc?  Armstrong already used. Who do you burn there ? 

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

LeBlanc is still in the pen, right? I'm not even sure why he's burning Fry in the 5th inning behind by 6. Sceroler should have started that next inning.

Just now, eddie83 said:

I disagree here. You are down 6. Fry starts inning. Hyde can’t predict what is going to happen.

Do you burn Tate there down 7?  Saving Scott and Valdez for high leverage. Plutko not available. LeBlanc?  Armstrong already used. Who do you burn there ? 

Fry should not have even started that inning. Down 6, that's the perfect time to give Sceroler a clean inning. Fry sucked and put him in a bind, but why are using a pitcher that you would pull for Judge that early in the game already down by 6?