Rally and announcement 11/12?

SpringBarb

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about the new uniforms, but I have heard, in the past, she and her son, John Angelos have had a lead role in the changes.

From what I have heard, the blame for the change of the alternate jerseys in 2000 rests squarely at John Angelos' feet. You may recall that the Orioles only wore the orange on black on black alternate jerseys once in 2000. According to my source, it was because they didn't bother getting approval for the change, had the new jerseys run up on the fly, and garnered a hefty fine from MLB for the violation. (Well, maybe not a hefty fine, but enough of one that they didn't wear alternate jerseys for the rest of that season. I've been told that the Yankee$ got fined for years for not wearing makers marks on their jerseys and pants. Don't know if that's still going on or not.)

Anita Marks saw the new lineup today at the warehouse. She said there is a new bird, but the change isn't drastic but it is fun (I wouldn't consider the new "pigeon bird" fun?)

What I found interesting is she said there are multiple combinations for home and road games, the Friday night alternates are here to stay, and there is a new Sunday uniform.

She also said Baltimore is back but there is much more.

I guess the combinations is what intrigues me the most. Less than 24 hours to find out.

IF there are "multiple combinations" for home and road games, that would indicate to me that there's going to be some sort of "Baltimore" front alternate jersey. If there is also a "Sunday" jersey, perhaps they're going to have TBTC uniforms every Sunday.

I'm going to be really surprised if this team suddenly goes from three jerseys to five.

I've been told that the Yankee$ got fined for years for not wearing makers marks on their jerseys and pants. Don't know if that's still going on or not.)
IIRC, that's because the Yankees have a separate marketing deal with Nike, so that's why they don't display the Majestic logo on their uniforms.

Before New Era pulled the picture of the cap from their website, on the Orioles front page was a photo of the new BP cap. The side panels over the ears are black instead of orange, but the orange outline remains, similar to the SF Giants cap. Also, I think I noticed the white trim on the O's logo was changed and possibly removed.

IIRC, that's because the Yankees have a separate marketing deal with Nike, so that's why they don't display the Majestic logo on their uniforms.

Before New Era pulled the picture of the cap from their website, on the Orioles front page was a photo of the new BP cap. The side panels over the ears are black instead of orange, but the orange outline remains, similar to the SF Giants cap. Also, I think I noticed the white trim on the O's logo was changed and possibly removed.

Wrong.... the Yankees have had a deal with ADIDAS for the past 10 years. Not with Nike. The Adidas "3 stripes" logo was put in many places at Yankee Stadium, including on a long portion of the scoreboard in the outfield. Incidently, Adidas is going away in the new stadium as they just signed on wiht Nike... but in the past, it was Adidas that caused this.

SO where is that "more information coming later today" from masnsports.com?

I've been waiting anxiously.

I think maybe they were anticipating WNST releasing a photo of the new uniforms and were going to beat them to it. But since WNST decided not to release the photo, they will wait until tomorrow.

At least that's my guess. Roch doesn't usually bs us.

I think maybe they were anticipating WNST releasing a photo of the new uniforms and were going to beat them to it. But since WNST decided not to release the photo, they will wait until tomorrow.

At least that's my guess. Roch doesn't usually bs us.

WNST report something positive about the O's...HA! Good one. They are now the 4th most listened to sport radio station in town.

Archived