Maryland vs Virginia Tech

McNulty

Yeah, they really laid an egg in the Cal, Clemson and Wake games. :rolleyes:

This year has been just the opposite. The games they were supposed to win (Mid.Tenn.St. and Virginia) they have stumbled. This year they have shown up for the big games. Hopefully Thursday night won't be any different.

Playing a Noon game on a Saturday isn't the same as a night game, during the week when a lot more people were watching. I'll give you that this year is a different year and they seem to be doing pretty well given the air time they've gotten.

What I do suggest is that in previous years, perhaps due to ill preparedness, not checking their egos at the door, lack of intensity, whatever, the team ends up playing soft/passive and disappoints us.

We shall see.....its on the road and Tommy Bowden isn't coaching them. I'd love to see the Terps come out with a win.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tech Sideline, kind of the Orioles Hangout of Virginia Tech sports, has their in-depth preview and prediction article up. They're usually fairly balanced, and just a couple weeks ago correctly predicted an FSU win over Tech (and this long before anyone knew Glennon and Taylor would be hurt). So I think their predictions of a 3-point Hokie victory are realistic and plausible.

My gut says this game could be anything from a 20-3 Maryland win to a 30-0 Tech victory. This is just a strange game in what's turned out to be a very strange ACC season.

Tech Sideline, kind of the Orioles Hangout of Virginia Tech sports, has their in-depth preview and prediction article up. They're usually fairly balanced, and just a couple weeks ago correctly predicted an FSU win over Tech (and this long before anyone knew Glennon and Taylor would be hurt). So I think their predictions of a 3-point Hokie victory are realistic and plausible.

My gut says this game could be anything from a 20-3 Maryland win to a 30-0 Tech victory. This is just a strange game in what's turned out to be a very strange ACC season.

Drungo,

Do you post on TSL?

I've been a member for a while now.

Just curious.

Drungo,

Do you post on TSL?

I've been a member for a while now.

Just curious.

No, not regularly. I used to be a paying member, actually for many years, but found myself only on the site during football season. So I mainly just use it for the football game previews and roster cards.

It is a great site - hands down the best Tech fan site.

No, not regularly. I used to be a paying member, actually for many years, but found myself only on the site during football season. So I mainly just use it for the football game previews and roster cards.

It is a great site - hands down the best Tech fan site.

I agree. I only post on the Pay boards and IMO the pay content is well worth the $5 a month. Of course, as you say, the free content is very nice as well. The free football board on the other hand . . .

This one is all but over. For whatever reason, Maryland can just not do anything against Virginia Tech.

They do play two halves. Things aren't looking good now, but it's only 14 points. We get the ball to start the 2nd half, let's see what happens.

Archived