Maryland vs Virginia Tech

McNulty

Terps have to find a way to get the ball into Heyward-Bey's hands more often..... that is one thing they haven't been able to take advantage of in his time at College Park.

Still a ball game, but will need another defensive stop and score to make it a real ball game.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been seeing that corner playing Heyward 15 yards off him. I have been telling everyone in my house they should run more WR screens to him. There you go! See I know what I am talking about every once in a while :)

Now that will force that corner to play him closer and open up the deep ball to him later on.

Terps have to find a way to get the ball into Heyward-Bey's hands more often..... that is one thing they haven't been able to take advantage of in his time at College Park.

Still a ball game, but will need another defensive stop and score to make it a real ball game.

Bingo! Take advantage of a 1st Round NFL Caliber player. We don't get that oppurtunity often.

Has Maryland won a game while ranked in the last five years? It's like an automatic loss once they are ranked. Unfortunately, it was a tough haul to go on the road and take on a talented VT team. Not a big surprise, but a little dissapointing none the less.

Impressed by Tech being able to run the ball. Evans is really coming out, he's something else. Very impressed by Steinspring and Beamer and their willingness to play Boone at QB. Beamer has a well-deserved reputation for being ridiculously conservative, but sometimes when his back is against the wall he'll pull out some crazy stuff.

Maryland is a tough team, but they just couldn't establish much of a ground game, and they really need to get the ball to their one star offensive player (Heyward-Bay) more than a handful of times a game. Does he return kicks? He should.

Getting held to a FG instead of a TD following the fumble on the punt is when the comeback was doomed to fail. They get 7 there, and with the way the defense was playing at that point, it could've been completely different. But Turner seemed to forget how to throw accurately after that, and the defense wasn't able to keep shutting VT down.

The defense played quite well in the 2nd half, but was too big of a first-half hole to climb out of.

Not a game I really expected to win, and it was good to see the comeback attempt. Disappointed in the loss, but if they take care of business the rest of the way they can still make some noise in the ACC.

Maryland is a tough team, but they just couldn't establish much of a ground game, and they really need to get the ball to their one star offensive player (Heyward-Bay) more than a handful of times a game. Does he return kicks? He should.
This is a big complaint of mine. Heyward-Bey is almost always the most talented player on the field every week, and he's used as much as a decoy as an actual target.

This game went pretty much how I expected. The minute the team starts to get some respect (ranking), as soon as bowl reps and the national audience starts watching....they lay an egg. The offense did nothing really and the defense was below average.

Yet another game where the defense lets a guy have a career game against them.

Instead of coming out, being aggressive & creative, making a statement that they belong, they come out and show their true colors. The game you saw tonight was typical Terps football the last few years. It wasn't their best game (vs. Wake) and it wasn't their worst game (vs. VA), it was simply their typical average performance. It's fine versus an NC State but versus a physical, well coached team it doesn't get the job done.

Archived