Mancini has been RISPin’

Frobby

9 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Don't look now but Mancini leads the league in RBIs with 38.  Not bad for a guy that was in chemo last year.

He’s recovered (baseball-wise) beyond my wildest dreams.   Couldn’t happen to a better guy.  

16 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Don't look now but Mancini leads the league in RBIs with 38.  Not bad for a guy that was in chemo last year.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s recovered (baseball-wise) beyond my wildest dreams.   Couldn’t happen to a better guy.  

Bittersweet because Trey and the MLB Orioles seem to be on opposite trajectories, some team will want him badly in the next two months. 

7 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

Bittersweet because Trey and the MLB Orioles seem to be on opposite trajectories, some team will want him badly in the next two months. 

He would have some interest.  But next year he will be an arb-2 guy who is 30 and averages 2.3 wins per 150 games.  We're not looking at an Erik Bedard kind of haul here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He would have some interest.  But next year he will be an arb-2 guy who is 30 and averages 2.3 wins per 150 games.  We're not looking at an Erik Bedard kind of haul here.

Arb-3 guy.  Still, we all know that guys who hit well have a market.  Trey’s on a hot streak now, let’s see what kind of season he’s having in July.   If he’s still got an OPS+ of 133 then, that would earn a nice return.    Bedard-like?   No.    But pretty healthy.   

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Cancer survivor or not, Trey is just a dude that’s easy to root for.  

You don’t hold onto him because of that but it certainly makes it harder to see him go.  

To me, the "harder to see him go" part does mean it would take the right return to move him. There are some players when the team is in a place where the Orioles are that you trade even if the return isn't what you hoped. Typically those are pending free agents, but sometimes not. In any case, Mancini is a guy that you deal if the price is right, but I don't want to see him go unless what we get back is something to get excited about. Otherwise, it's not worth it. 

24 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

To me, the "harder to see him go" part does mean it would take the right return to move him. There are some players when the team is in a place where the Orioles are that you trade even if the return isn't what you hoped. Typically those are pending free agents, but sometimes not. In any case, Mancini is a guy that you deal if the price is right, but I don't want to see him go unless what we get back is something to get excited about. Otherwise, it's not worth it. 

I don’t disagree with you here BUT the “something to get excited about” is likely not the same for everyone.

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t disagree with you here BUT the “something to get excited about” is likely not the same for everyone.

Just a quick glance at playoff contenders who could use an upgrade at 1B/DH.   Oh there is definitely “something to get excited about” for OH.  Just not in the way this thread has been speculating.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/dalbebo01.shtml

On 5/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, Frobby said:

.378/.415/.622 in 41 PA with RISP.   He’s been a little hot and cold in general, but he’s been money with ducks on the pond.  25 RBI in 31 games.    

13 RBI in 11 games since I wrote this.   Now .396/.459/.642 with RISP in 61 PA.   Also, he’s had 20 PA with RISP in the last 11 games, which is a lot.    That’s a sign that the team as a whole is hitting better.   

1 hour ago, jamalshw said:

I would want the return to include at least one "high draft pick who has played well in the minors" type, as opposed to a "high draft pick who hasn't played well yet but has good tools and is still young" type.  Terrin Vavra, not Jahmai Jones.  

7 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I would want the return to include at least one "high draft pick who has played well in the minors" type, as opposed to a "high draft pick who hasn't played well yet but has good tools and is still young" type.  Terrin Vavra, not Jahmai Jones.  

Agreed the last thing I want to see is Mancini traded just to bring in some young bodies. The return has to include a legit exciting young prospect, and not a player with potential but waiting to put it together.