The Cesar Valdez story was a good one

accinfo

It was a good one while it lasted.  However it is over.  I watched all the swing and misses and really wan't sure how he was getting away with it but enjoyed it like everyone.  He is fooling no one any longer.  The foul balls are being hit hard.  I just take it that it has gotten out you have to slow your instincts down when most pitchers are throwing in the 90's and wait on him and it is sitting there like on a tee.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, accinfo said:

You guys can stick my post in with Frobby's thread.  I am slow typer.  LOL

Did you start typing that before 8:58 on Tuesday?   You really are a slow typer!  ?

I’m still not sure if it’s hitters having figured him out, or just a change in movement/location of his pitches, or both.   Either way he’s painful to watch right now.  

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Did you start typing that before 8:58 on Tuesday?   You really are a slow typer!  ?

I’m still not sure if it’s hitters having figured him out, or just a change in movement/location of his pitches, or both.   Either way he’s painful to watch right now.  

I posted my thread and saw all the posts under yours and assumed you had started it last night.  Anyway I think they have figured him out.  I hope I am wrong but the hitters just seem to all have a different gleam in their eye when they are hitting against him.  

• 1 month later...

Valdez has now surrendered 17 ER in his last 10.2 innings pitched, and only twice in his last 10 appearances has he not given up runs to the opposition.  This isn't just a bad stretch and everybody knows it -- the league has made their adjustments to his soft toss and will eat him alive from now 'till doomsday. The César Valdez story was heartwarming for a couple three weeks, and I hope for the best for him going forward, but is there any real reason to keep him on the ball club at this point? Throw a stick in the direction of any AAA or even AA team and you'll hit five pitchers who can do better. Hell, promote Wade, Barreda, or Abad from Norfolk for a month to see what they can do. Even bringing back Shawn Armstrong would be a step in the right direction. But let's please stop throwing Valdez to the wolves every 4th day, can we? 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Valdez has lost the ability to fool batters.  The league has figured him out and it’s just painful to watch him out there defenseless.   I’m ready to move on.  

The time to move on was 2-3 months ago, at least.

Gotta love how hyped people get for someone who looks good for 10 innings.