Eshelman

HowAboutThat

25 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Look there are a hundred threads that say the same thing about various crappy players we are playing.  And Philip is only responsible for 30 or 40 if them!

It is obvious at this point that Elias has a slow timetable for all the real prospects.   We can discuss it until we are blue on the face, we can wonder if it is really due to starting the service time clock or money or whatever, and I don't know the answer, but it is obvious it exists.

Guys we want to see aren't going to come up until they come up, whether we like or agree or not.

Guys they think have a chance to be something, like Kremer, will be sent down to work on things in hopes of improvement.  

Guys with little future, placeholders, will just keep getting tossed out there.  Or we will bring up other guys with little future, minor league free agents, waiver claims:. Gutierrez, Wade, Jannis, Watkins, etc.  Best you can hope for is you get a situation where someone like Watkins fools people for a while, or turns out to be the 1 in 100 such player who actually amounts to something.

But it is clear that otherwise they dont care how guys without a future are doing at the ML level.  The nonperformance of an Eshelman will not affect the timetable for Kevin Smith or Kyle Brandish ONE BIT.

Haven't you figured this out yet?  Seeing yet another thread where people bemoan the fact that someone sucks and this we should bring someone else up is just shouting at the wind.  Major league performance will have NOTHING to do with anyone significant coming up.  Realize it.  Embrace the suck.  Pay attention to the guys that matter, enjoy Mullins' season, Hays' recent hot streak.  Follow the minors.

But yet another thread bemoaning the fact that someone sucks and should be replaced, what is the point?  Haven't you figured out yet that improving the major league product is not on Elias's agenda?  Why keep beating your head against the wall?

Might be a passive-aggressive way of beating our heads against the wall. I.e., haven't we figured out yet that complaining about people bemoaning the suckitude of much of the active roster is the biggest waste of our time?

As I have said many times, and not just me but Manny, first of all there is a reason to bring up the guys. Even if they aren’t very good, there is a reason to bring them up so they can show what they have.

That means we could do better, not necessarily in terms of winning more games, although that might happen(God forbid that we should win a game now and then) But in evaluating the plethora of potential pining away on the pine in the minors.

Secondly, We can do that without ruining the master plan,unless the master plan specifically involves sabotaging the team so that we get the first or second draft pick instead of the fifth or sixth draft choice.
In that case, deliberately flinging sucky guys out to suck because they suck and we don’t want guys who, even potentially, don’t suck, is definitely the way to go.

I just question whether anyone will be left to care when Elias decides he cares about winning.

4 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Might be a passive-aggressive way of beating our heads against the wall. I.e., haven't we figured out yet that complaining about people bemoaning the suckitude of much of the active roster is the biggest waste of our time?

I think purposefully turning on the radio to listen or the TV to watch a team that is deliberately as bad as possible is a waste of our time, and it is completely OK to wish that Elias would prefer a Potential producer to a proven failure.

6 hours ago, Philip said:

I’m asking about whether Eshelman is a part of the future, suggesting he probably isn’t, and wondering why he-and Harvey-haven’t been replaced with other guys who may or may not be future pieces.

I wish Elias had signed some better place holders in the offseason, but the last thing I want to do is rush our prospects because our Major League team is bad now. Not sure why we would want to take a 1 percent chance on messing up anyone's progress in a season like this.