8-15 Sunday Vs the Red Sox: cue Dies Irae

HowAboutThat

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

It's good that you're confident things would have played out the same without Miller. I wasn't then, and I'm not now, Fair enough.

And if the Orioles had kept ERod, how many more division titles and post-season appearances are you confident they would have had?

He would be a rare stable piece in our rotation. For the last couple years and still now.

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

It's good that you're confident things would have played out the same without Miller. I wasn't then, and I'm not now, Fair enough.

And if the Orioles had kept ERod, how many more division titles and post-season appearances are you confident they would have had?

He would have been traded by now.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Keegan Akin is doing everything he can to get the Orioles the best pick as possible next year. Who says he's not helping for the future?

Man! What a bust! I'll ask you Tony, wasn't he supposed to be SOOOO much better? At least half decent?

Just now, scOtt said:

Man! What a bust! I'll ask you Tony, wasn't he supposed to be SOOOO much better? At least half decent?

I haven't liked him a starter since his Bowie season and thought he would end up in relief. The problem is his inconsistent command. Batters hit .321  /.345/543/.888 off him 1-2 counts. That's almost unheard of and speaks to his inability to make quality pitches.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I haven't liked him a starter since his Bowie season and thought he would end up in relief. The problem is his inconsistent command. Batters hit .321  /.345/543/.888 off him 1-2 counts. That's almost unheard of and speaks to his inability to make quality pitches.

But he has to start because of need. Especially with Zimmerman injured again.

So I'm just getting here.   Looks like Akin has made one bad pitch or else he might have a shutout?   Too bad he did it with a couple men on base, but all in all a bit better than I expected.

And we actually got a hit with a runner in scoring position for the first time in a week.   I hate that I missed it, it's like Halley's Comet only comes around every 76 years.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So I'm just getting here.   Looks like Akin has made one bad pitch or else he might have a shutout?   Too bad he did it with a couple men on base, but all in all a bit better than I expected.

And we actually got a hit with a runner in scoring position for the first time in a week.   I hate that I missed it, it's like Halley's Comet only comes around every 76 years.

Apparently the umpire missed a terrible strike call on Devers that would have had him struck out looking and allowed the inning to continue.  That's what I heard on the radio anyway.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Apparently the umpire missed a terrible strike call on Devers that would have had him struck out looking and allowed the inning to continue.  That's what I heard on the radio anyway.

I heard that driving home as well.  But Melanie Newman did imply that it was a makeup call for another call that hosed the Orioles.  I believe the word she used was retribution.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This game has all the familiar feelings of a close, perhaps winnable game that will end with a giant inning from the Sox to put it comfortably out of reach.

Some of the guys who gave up those innings got cut today.

Diplan and Abad have yet to break our hearts.