Promotions I want to see in 2022

wildcard

48 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Would like him to make some AAA starts with the major league ball and show he’s made that adjustment.

I got Grayson making 4 starts at AAA before he get the call to the majors.   I don't want it to be too long because he will be on an innings limit for the season.

35 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think the day Adley plays in the majors the next competitive window begins.   Though Elias will want prospects to play at both AA and AAA to not rush them, if they do well they will not be there long IMO.   He is going to get prospects that do well to the majors to play with Adley is my guess.

I don’t think one player creates a competitive window.   Heck, the O’s won 54 games once with Cal Ripken and Eddie Murray both on their team.  They won 47 with Manny and others on their team.   Rutschman is someone to build around but he may need to wait a year or two for some other key minor league pieces to arrive and for Elias to bring in significant supplemental pieces.   

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Neustrom is behind Mullins, Santander, Hays and Stowers IMO.   Injuries are the best bet to get Neustrom to the majors is the way I think about it.

I do not disagree with anything you said, but I think another poster has already pointed out that With these fellows, injuries are more When than If. Also I think it’s completely accurate to have all of them above Stewart, whom I remain confident will not make it through spring training,  if he even makes it that far.

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think one player creates a competitive window.   Heck, the O’s won 54 games once with Cal Ripken and Eddie Murray both on their team.  They won 47 with Manny and others on their team.   Rutschman is someone to build around but he may need to wait a year or two for some other key minor league pieces to arrive and for Elias to bring in significant supplemental pieces.   

Adley is an important player for the rebuild and that is why I feel he marks the beginning for the competitive window.   I big change will be Elias/Hyde  focusing on winning with Adley's arrival.  But he's not the only player the O's have that can be part of the rebuild.   Mullins, Mountcastle, Hays, Santander, Means, Grayson,  Hall, Stowers , Westburg are all part of the rebuild. Also players like Mancini, Sulser add competency to the O's for as long as they are here.

I fully expect Elias to  focus on improving the infield and pitching this off season.  He may not  spend big bucks in the process but if he can bring those areas up to  the league average it will support the growth of the rebuild players mentioned above.   That is all part of making the team more competitive.

• Upvote 1