What’s your 2022 OPS Projection for Trey Mancini?

Frobby

What’s your 2022 OPS projection for Trey Mancini?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your 2022 OPS projection for Trey Mancini?

• .870 or higher
    • .840 - .869
    • .810 - .839
    • .780 - .809
    • .750 - .779
    • Under .750

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/22 at 22:59

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

It would be cool to come up with the average Hangout predicted OPS and compare it to the predicted OPS by the experts.

I plan to do this.   I already posted a thread showing projections from various third party sources, and when these polls close on Feb. 28, I’m going to calculate a weighted average “consensus” OH projection for each player and add it to the spreadsheet.   I’m sure the OH projections will be a bit higher.    

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Eh.  In this thread the vase majority have shared the same projection you did.

Nobody is going to predict somebody having a terrible year, though that will surely happen.

I didn’t say I’m not guilty of this. I’m saying we are all overestimating what the team will be offensively.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I didn’t say I’m not guilty of this. I’m saying we are all overestimating what the team will be offensively.

Fair enough.

You know what I do?  I always take about 10% off what I "feel."  My heart has long shown itself to be overly optimistic in regards to the O's and their players.

5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Fair enough.

You know what I do?  I always take about 10% off what I "feel."  My heart has long shown itself to be overly optimistic in regards to the O's and their players.

If this team has a combined OPS of even 730, that would have been in the top 13 or so last year and a 25 point improvement. 

It could happen.  But I think it’s more likely they are closer to 720 as a team, which would still be around league average (at least based off of last years numbers).

But the numbers projected here for these hitters will have us way over that.  I mean, I get that this isn’t counting the bottom feeders on the roster but they don’t account for as many at bats unless there are a lot of injuries.  

Only 5 players had an OPs over 750 last year, 1 of which was Urias who had less than 300 at bats.  Of the other 4, only Mullins was over 800, with Mountcastle just missing.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

If this team has a combined OPS of even 730, that would have been in the top 13 or so last year and a 25 point improvement. 

It could happen.  But I think it’s more likely they are closer to 720 as a team, which would still be around league average (at least based off of last years numbers).

But the numbers projected here for these hitters will have us way over that.  I mean, I get that this isn’t counting the bottom feeders on the roster but they don’t account for as many at bats unless there are a lot of injuries.  

Only 5 players had an OPs over 750 last year, 1 of which was Urias who had less than 300 at bats.  Of the other 4, only Mullins was over 800, with Mountcastle just missing.

As frobby said earlier, there will be hundreds of abs to guys not projected to get them.  In addition to the "bottom feeders" like Odor, Guitierrez, McKenna who will get 1000+.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

A developing team should improve year over year.

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The various third party projections I’ve run range between .721 and .757.   Mostly towards the low/middle part of that range, with Clay Davenport being the high outlier.   All of those are using my assumptions about how the PA get allocated, which of course could turn out completely wrong.   
https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/43930-the-2022-ops-projections-thread/#comment-2733307

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Well considering we were talking about team OpS, I think it’s fair to say we are talking about offense.  :)

Fair enough.

But it's not just Adley.  It's the continuing development of guys like Hays and Mountcastle.

This is a developing team, offensively and in all other ways.  And if it isn't, then your complaints will start to have a lot more sway with  me.

5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Fair enough.

But it's not just Adley.  It's the continuing development of guys like Hays and Mountcastle.

This is a developing team, offensively and in all other ways.  And if it isn't, then your complaints will start to have a lot more sway with  me.

I don’t think it’s a developing team yet…They still have way too many players that shouldn’t be getting significant at bats.  I think they are a season away from being a developing team.  If guys like Henderson and Westburg move fast this year and Stowers is also up, that changes but I don’t think they are there yet.