2022 Spring Training Tracker

Tony-OH

18 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Shocking how the top ranked pitching prospect in MiLB isn't good enough to break camp with the team that had the worst pitching in MLB last season.

Apparently you are still the only person on this site that doesn't understand service time and player control issues. If you thought Rodriguez had any shot at making this team you are sadly mistaken.

He'll be up though once they can get that 7th year.

7 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Apparently you are still the only person on this site that doesn't understand service time and player control issues. If you thought Rodriguez had any shot at making this team you are sadly mistaken.

He'll be up though once they can get that 7th year.

I understand it fine.

I bet the teams that play their guys, and collect the extra picks, end up better in the long run than the teams that hold guys back to try and get an extra year.

It's also laughably easy to control a pitcher's service time after they made their debut.  You always need a fresh bullpen arm.

58 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I understand it fine.

I bet the teams that play their guys, and collect the extra picks, end up better in the long run than the teams that hold guys back to try and get an extra year.

It's also laughably easy to control a pitcher's service time after they made their debut.  You always need a fresh bullpen arm.

Actually you don't. But it's ok, MLB economic process are not for everyone. Let's just call Elias a cheap sob. It's an easy concept to comprehend for some. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Bradish sent down?  Why?

I'm a little surprised but today's outing is part of his problem. It took him 52 pitches to get through two innings of work. I though maybe he would be one of the piggy back guys but maybe the team wants to see him cut down his pitch count in AAA first.

20 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm a little surprised but today's outing is part of his problem. It took him 52 pitches to get through two innings of work. I though maybe he would be one of the piggy back guys but maybe the team wants to see him cut down his pitch count in AAA first.

I mean, what are the chances this will happen?  His issues are what they are.  He’s 25 years old.  There is only so much he’s likely to improve and he can still learn at this level.

This is my issue with the whole, we will be ready for 2023.  There are always excuses for keeping these guys down. And btw, I’m not even saying what you are saying is wrong or illogical.  

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean, what are the chances this will happen?  His issues are what they are.  He’s 25 years old.  There is only so much he’s likely to improve and he can still learn at this level.

This is my issue with the whole, we will be ready for 2023.  There are always excuses for keeping these guys down. And btw, I’m not even saying what you are saying is wrong or illogical.  

I thought he was ready for a piggy back role so like I said, I was a little surprised. Saying that, he's going to be up and pitching in Baltimore sooner than later. i still have the same concerns I had when I saw him last year. Too many pitches to get batters out that will limit the amount of innings he'll get through and will eventually lead him to the pen where I think he's got a chance to be pretty darn good.