The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At 35? Why the heck would Tex want to opt out of his deal on the possible downside of his career?

I doubt Boras would go for that. Most opt out clauses are in 4 years or less. ARod's was an exception because he was so young IMO.

I'm not sure either. I'm just trying to make sense of what I was told, and the way I could see it making sense is if it was a front loaded dead, if it was the only point the Sox would give an opt out, or if Teixeira wanted it if he was unhappy after so long.

I can't keep up with all the posts here, so this may have already been said, but it looks to me like Roch's latest blog entries are calling out Belkast pretty badly.

I love reading this board for all the rumors. I love listening to Belkast and know that he's well intentioned. However, with this whole Tex thing, if we don't sign him, Belkast is going to have to go into hiding with all the mad posters on this board. It'd be one thing if Belkast said that he was just optimistic, but the posts where he's made it sound like it's a done deal and such are going to be his undoing if this doesn't come through.

Belkast, like Bigbird and Sonny and all of the other insiders who share information with us are doing so out of courtesy and favor. Regardless of whether it comes to fruition or not, I would hope that we would all, every single one of us remain as thankful as ever for the information they all pass on. It is part of what makes this board so amazing. We didn't have Tex last year; I hope we have him next but either way, be it Belkast or BB or Sonny or Tony for goodness sakes, for two weeks now, in the middle of football season when we baseball fans have nothing else, we are relevant. We believe that the FO made a fair and honest offer and Belkast believes that it will come true based on his info.

I could care less if Roch calls him or anyone else out to be quite frank. I love baseball and even more the O's. I eat up the inside info like peanut covered M&Ms (a personal fave) and when there are no games to watch or anything else I believe the Os are going to be better and even more so want to be better and the truth is, so does Belkast.

Here's to you Belkast and all the others who stick their necks out and offer us the spicy tidbits that make us refresh our computers in the middle of our "very important" staff meetings.

Come to any of my restaurants anytime and the first round's on me. If we sign Tex then for goodness sakes the nights on me!

Cheers!

This is ridiculous. He is just telling us what he is being told and as he and the other insiders have said countless times, "Take it for what it's worth" and "lots of things can change quickly." I don't think anyone should be mad at Belkast or Sonny or any other insider that has posted information.

Yes...Most of the time when Belkast gets on here, he posts things and tells us to take it for what it's worth. This time has been a little different. Look, I like Belkast and appreciate him on the board, but I'm just saying that this is not going to be good for him if it doesn't work out. Here are some of the quotes that have not really sounded like the "take it for what it's worth" or "I'm hearing...", but they've sounded like the deal is done:

-It's a one horse race!

-Signing Tex is huge for this franchise both in the present as well as the future!

-Remember, Tex being here has reinstalled us on the map. I know it is hard to realize but it is now reality!!!!!

-Guys I am extremely confident as always. Bag it!

Yes...Most of the time when Belkast gets on here, he posts things and tells us to take it for what it's worth. This time has been a little different. Look, I like Belkast and appreciate him on the board, but I'm just saying that this is not going to be good for him if it doesn't work out. Here are some of the quotes that have not really sounded like the "take it for what it's worth" or "I'm hearing...", but they've sounded like the deal is done:

-It's a one horse race!

-Signing Tex is huge for this franchise both in the present as well as the future!

-Remember, Tex being here has reinstalled us on the map. I know it is hard to realize but it is now reality!!!!!

-Guys I am extremely confident as always. Bag it!

So the guy is confident. Why don't you believe him?

If Teixeira and Boras are demanding an opt-out clause, I seriously doubt the Red Sox would be willing to get burned once again by Boras. If this is a mandatory part of the contract then I seriously doubt the Red Sox will go for it.

In the end it may help our chances of signing Tex if Boras is demanding an opt-out.

Belkast, like Bigbird and Sonny and all of the other insiders who share information with us are doing so out of courtesy and favor. Regardless of whether it comes to fruition or not, I would hope that we would all, every single one of us remain as thankful as ever for the information they all pass on. It is part of what makes this board so amazing. We didn't have Tex last year; I hope we have him next but either way, be it Belkast or BB or Sonny or Tony for goodness sakes, for two weeks now, in the middle of football season when we baseball fans have nothing else, we are relevant. We believe that the FO made a fair and honest offer and Belkast believes that it will come true based on his info.

I could care less if Roch calls him or anyone else out to be quite frank. I love baseball and even more the O's. I eat up the inside info like peanut covered M&Ms (a personal fave) and when there are no games to watch or anything else I believe the Os are going to be better and even more so want to be better and the truth is, so does Belkast.

Here's to you Belkast and all the others who stick their necks out and offer us the spicy tidbits that make us refresh our computers in the middle of our "very important" staff meetings.

Come to any of my restaurants anytime and the first round's on me. If we sign Tex then for goodness sakes the nights on me!

Cheers!

Excellent post. Couldn't agree more.

If Teixeira and Boras are demanding an opt-out clause, I seriously doubt the Red Sox would be willing to get burned once again by Boras. If this is a mandatory part of the contract then I seriously doubt the Red Sox will go for it.

In the end it may help our chances of signing Tex if Boras is demanding an opt-out.

With whom did Boras burn the Red Sox before with an opt-out?

You all beleive guys who are just sitting there making stuff up. Angelossss is the worst owner in pro sports. The O's are being laughed at all across the Nation. They are not even mentioned for the first week of the discussion until at last they have to acknowledge that they made an offer. Olney now reports that the O's are substancially less than the other teams.

How does this make everyone feel? After 11 losing seasons, 25 really, minus 96,97. And keeping a light payroll for a decade, they care nothing about what their fans want.

If ANYONE, spends a penny on an O's game, you should have your head examined first.

"Insiders". They are the only 2 people on the planet that say the O's are in this. And everyone is jumping for joy.:scratchchinhmm:

Step...

... away...

... from...

... the...

.... keyboard!

Archived