Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Frankly if the Nats are high bid, I have even more confidence that Tex is coming here. I'll repeat, Peter Angelos will not allow the player that he has been wanting since he lost him in the draft to the Rangers, sign with the club that has been the bane of his existance since MLB forced it upon him...

Tex to the Nats, makes the Orioles look like a joke and will take away even more fans from a dwindling fanbase...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frankly if the Nats are high bid, I have even more confidence that Tex is coming here. I'll repeat, Peter Angelos will not allow the player that he has been wanting since he lost him in the draft to the Rangers, sign with the club that has been the bane of his existance since MLB forced it upon him...

Good point. I forgot how Angelos opposed the Nats coming to Washington in the first place.

Other than a horrible team and a horrible farm system, no.

If Tex signs with the Nats, I am not really interested in the press conference, but I am really interested in the first day of spring training.

Do they hire someone to keep Elijah Dukes 25 yards away from him at all time?

Will he be upset when he sees the weight room is 3 bowflexs and a stationary bike.

How long before Tex loses his even-keel nature, and goes Ryan Leaf on poor Austin Kearns in the locker room.

Yep, the Nats are going to raise the stakes, and ultimately Angelos will pay IMO. If he loses Tex to the Nats, it will be seen as an embarassment...

I feel really bad for Peter... What a horrible choice... Either be seen as the biggest fool since Tom Hicks or as an embarassment. What to do? Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

I feel really bad for Peter... What a horrible choice... Either be seen as the biggest fool since Tom Hicks or as an embarassment. What to do? Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

I think he invests the money. At least Tex is bringing back fans instead of taking them away and the Orioles will be back on the map again...

10/230 while seemingly nuts, could be an excellent investment provided the Orioles make smart decisions around him.

Remember Sonny said the wow offer he was hearing was higher than 9/180 and 10/200...

Tex to the Nats, makes the Orioles look like a joke and will take away even more fans from a dwindling fanbase...

Overpaying for a player in order to stick it to someone is really bad business practice.

You're right. This is a brilliant PR move by Tex.

Tex is a union rep. He signed the CBA for his team (along with Roberts who is another union rep). The one recurring mantra of the MLBPA is you go to the highest bidder, it's like their slogan. PR has nothing to do with it.

Its whatever, I still don't understand how the Nats can afford 23 million a year, but if they think they can, go right ahead.

He's not worth it. 20 Million is enough. It's more than fair.

Let them screw their franchise, I'd love to see it. It'd be great to see all the NoVa people around here who pushed so hard for a team for so long and who subsequently don't care about the Nats wake up one day with the Nats folding and go..."Hey...HEY WAIT! What's happening?"

I think if you are arguing that he's not worth $23M over 8-10 years, you could make a decent case.

But if your argument is he's not worth that much over 6-7, then you've got very little argument. He's worth probably close to $30M over the next several years. He's a 5.5-6 WAR player, times about $5M per WAR on the FA market, and he should be getting something in the $27-30M annually. Figure that he'll decline a bit over years 33-37, and he still should be a pretty safe bet for something in the 6/$150M-7/$175M range. So going 8/$160M is no sweat at all. 8/$184-192M would be fine by me. The analysis fangraph's did earlier in the offseason really made me reconsider what I thought the most I'd go would be (originally 8/$160M).

When the total dollars go beyond about $200-208M is when I drop out.

Tex is a union rep. He signed the CBA for his team (along with Roberts who is another union rep). The one recurring mantra of the MLBPA is you go to the highest bidder, it's like their slogan. PR has nothing to do with it.

So if the highest bidder is a losing team, then that player takes it?

Archived