Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

The Yankees won't end up with Tex because they don't want to go higher than 8/160 and Boston has already gone above that. The Nationals don't think they can win a bidding war so it doesn't seem like they'll move off of their 8/160 offer.

All the Orioles have to do is top Boston's offer, and they've got Tex...

Don't treat that as the truth just because it is in one article.

The Orioles should come out firing here with a 8/176 offer...Be prepared to go higher but if you put 8/176 on the table, assuming the offers we have heard about are true, that means we will be the definite high bidder.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Yankees won't end up with Tex because they don't want to go higher than 8/160 and Boston has already gone above that. The Nationals don't think they can win a bidding war so it doesn't seem like they'll move off of their 8/160 offer.

All the Orioles have to do is top Boston's offer, and they've got Tex...

JTrea, I think he's ours.

Keep up the optimism, I'm right there with you!

I agree. What is going on? It seems like if they stepped up and did an offer of 190 mil, the deal would be done, period. The Orioles have said they're interested for a while. And the prevailing though was that it'd take 200 mil to get him, so step up and do it. Stop sitting back and waiting, we're just going to get burned. You know he'd be interested in playing here, so just make the offer that he's looking for.

Because that's not how Boras works. If we up our offer, he plays the other side to up theirs, or bluffs us into upping ours again. We could be bidding against ourselves right now and never know it. You start saying you will pay this much, another team will say, ok we'll match it, and then you raise again for no reason. Just wait it out and make your offer when you need to, don't outbid yourself.

Not to hi-jack the thread but ever since the great OH crashes earlier in the Tex drama, I log in at the main menu but when I get into a thread, more often than not, when I try to post I get caught in an endless "Log-in/You are not logged in"circle. Am I just being silly or what?

Do the Angels regret making the Tex trade?

I thought it was a questionable move to give up a guy like Kotchman for a one year rental, even with his struggles in Atlanta. I understand they thought they needed Tex for the big push, but still.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FubnJBgd2wY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FubnJBgd2wY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lets sign him!! We need a new lead singer anyway!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Archived