Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really seems that it is there for the Orioles to close the deal. The one thing that is unacceptable to me is that AM and PGA let the Yankees sneak in the back door at the 11th hour and get this done. In observing the Orioles down through the past 5 or 6 years, it is easy to see they are afraid of bidding against themselves and that may have cost them Delgado and Vlad but the ceiling seems to have been defined, despite the lies of Mr. Boras. Tex has to be as tired of this as any one. Get it done Orioles!!!!!

I couldn't agree more. PA has to be concerned after to whole Albert Belle thing, but hey you've gotta take chances. In all fairness though, it is his money.

So Tex is in "elimination" mode.

Thursday night: Meeting with Sox...They back away.

Friday night: Boras contact Yankees...They do not seem to bid above 8/160.

Saturday night: Boras contacts Angels and they take their offer off the table the next day.

Sunday night: Nationals????

Monday: Agreement with Os????

Saturday night: Boras contacts Angels and they take their offer off the table the next day.

Sounds like "talking to one team per day" is a good theory based on what's happened so far.

:laughlol: That's exactly what I said in a few pages back.

didn't Belkast and BB say they weren't going to post again until it was close to final? if so you are going to be staring at the message board for quite awhile.

I can just imagine the image that ESPN will have on their main page of Tex in and Orioles uniform with a santa claus hat on his head and the tag line saying Merry Texmas

Hopefully he learned from A-Rod. Taking the most money is not always wise. Texas gave him a huge contract and they were horrible. The only thing that helped him was the trade out of town. I think (and hope) Tex is smarter than that.

Be careful what you ask for because if Tex follows your thoughts, he will be signing with Boston. How are the O's different from the Texas Rangers when A-Rod signed with them? And please don't talk about propsects in the minors because no one knows if they will ever produce at the major league level.

The O's are similar to the Rangers were when A-Rod went there, a good offense but no pitching.

Buster Olney blogged today that the Nationals "do not expect to win the Teixeira bidding"

Until the contract is signed, I'd still be scared of the Yankees swooping in. They have the ability to do anything they want with no regard for cost and that is very frightening. As a fan observing all this - I think it's terribly intriguing all the gamesmanship involved as well - the Red Sox bidding against another AL East team (Orioles) - and I think the Yankees would love to see him either in pinstripes or a Nats uniform and will likely do whatever they can with smoke screens or phone calls to make things really interesting. This whole process has been frustrating yet riveting for us Oriole fans.

Nationals already said they don't expect to win the derby.

Be careful what you ask for because if Tex follows your thoughts, he will be signing with Boston. How are the O's different from the Texas Rangers when A-Rod signed with them? And please don't talk about propsects in the minors because no one knows if they will ever produce at the major league level.

The O's are similar to the Rangers were when A-Rod went there, a good offense but no pitching.

Our top prospect is a fellow Georgia Tech alumni and fellow Scott Boras client.

A-Rod didn't grow up in Texas :)

Roch is crippled mainly by the fact that our front office is notoriously tight-lipped, therefore much of his speculation is coming from the guess games going on in the mainstream media. If the Sox say they're out of it, I'm inclined to believe them. They have a solid team--a great, young first basement, a solid lineup, great pitching. Their only real motivation is one-upping the Yankees, who were near-terrible last year. The Angels have repeatedly stated they were dropping out, as early as a week ago. The Nats have nothing in the way of a "plan" the way the Orioles do. And the Yanks have a plan in place to move Jeter, their own face of the franchise, over to first in the coming years. That leaves the Orioles, the hometown team, who've made great strides in improving, and by all reports have the highest offer, salary wise, on the table. They've also said they're flexible on the offer. I think this is our race to lose. I'm not in the least sure we'll land Tex, as anything can and usually does happen. But the stars certainly seem to be lining up.

Archived