Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
684 people logged into OH. Everybody just waiting.:) I think everyone is just burnt out from all this. It is kind of weird to see that many people and have the threads moving this slowly with nobody posting.

Holy crap. Can't believe that. Somebody should make an anonymous call to ESPN and say that Tex has signed with the Orioles!

I don't believe he's made his mind up.............yet. He's had 2 teams, (Angels & Red Sox), who are playoff caliber teams, make significant offers. They have both stated publicly they are out. I think this is a Boras backlash.

I have no idea if the Orioles can or will sign him, but these are some damn interesting negotiations.

684 people logged into OH. Everybody just waiting.:) I think everyone is just burnt out from all this. It is kind of weird to see that many people and have the threads moving this slowly with nobody posting.

685 now. I just made an account. I'm a red sox fan but i won't be annoying. I just wanna see the deal from a different perspective.

The Red Sox will not lose Tex over $6M.

Tex may very well pick the contending team if there is only $6M difference.

Maybe, but according to all of the reports the Red Sox have the highest offer by about $8 Million or so. He isn't a member of the Red Sox yet either. I think Mark wants to be an Oriole. I do not see the Red Sox going 9/195 which is interesting for one very big reason. 1.) No team that we know of has gone to 9 years. 2.) The yearly dollar amount would be $21.66 Million per.

If the Orioles took the much talked about 7/150 ($21.42 Million per) offer and made it 8/172 ($21.5 Million per), then they would lead in both yearly salary and total dollars. If a 9th year was added at the same rate, it would be 9/194.5 which is what Boras was looking for. Maybe we upped our offer to 8 years and Mark wanted to let other teams know that they will need to guarantee a 9th year at the same rate the Orioles are offering to get Mark. Boras tried to get the Red Sox to go there and they balked.

The Red Sox would have to agree to 1.) A NTC 2.) An OOC on top of increasing their offer. Tex maybe using them to get more from us. I am starting to feel real good about Mark being announced as an Orioles on Monday.

I think the excitment from the first post is back, but I think people are watching themselves so we don't have 6,000 pages of nothing. But, I would think as soon as there is even the smallest update, it will be like a wild fire for a bit.

A lot stay logged in but not necessarily reading. I check all day long to see if things are picking up.

honestly, if Belkast hadnt riled the board up, we would have 10% of the responses we have been gettng. Not knocking him, just this is more realisitc. Really, how much of the Tex stuff has involved the Orioles other than BB and Belkast predictions?

Archived