Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot stay logged in but not necessarily reading. I check all day long to see if things are picking up.

honestly, if Belkast hadnt riled the board up, we would have 10% of the responses we have been gettng. Not knocking him, just this is more realisitc. Really, how much of the Tex stuff has involved the Orioles other than BB and Belkast predictions?

You are right on. Belkast said he wouldn't post again until this thing is over so I would imagine that is what people are waiting for. I feel bad that the guy can't log in as a fan without every other post being about which smiley he did or did not use.:rolleyestf:

A lot stay logged in but not necessarily reading. I check all day long to see if things are picking up.

honestly, if Belkast hadnt riled the board up, we would have 10% of the responses we have been gettng. Not knocking him, just this is more realisitc. Really, how much of the Tex stuff has involved the Orioles other than BB and Belkast predictions?

The national media is to blame for this. They have completely written the O's off. They don't even list the O's in the running or at least say anything about them. Except for our local reporters and Yahoo Sports reporters.

You are right on. Belkast said he wouldn't post again until this thing is over so I would imagine that is what people are waiting for. I feel bad that the guy can't log in as a fan without every other post being about which smiley he did or did not use.:rolleyestf:

At this point the smiley's are measured in zero's on the check.

Maybe, but according to all of the reports the Red Sox have the highest offer by about $8 Million or so. He isn't a member of the Red Sox yet either. I think Mark wants to be an Oriole. I do not see the Red Sox going 9/195 which is interesting for one very big reason. 1.) No team that we know of has gone to 9 years. 2.) The yearly dollar amount would be $21.66 Million per.

If the Orioles took the much talked about 7/150 ($21.42 Million per) offer and made it 8/172 ($21.5 Million per), then they would lead in both yearly salary and total dollars. If a 9th year was added at the same rate, it would be 9/194.5 which is what Boras was looking for. Maybe we upped our offer to 8 years and Mark wanted to let other teams know that they will need to guarantee a 9th year at the same rate the Orioles are offering to get Mark. Boras tried to get the Red Sox to go there and they balked.

The Red Sox would have to agree to 1.) A NTC 2.) An OOC on top of increasing their offer. Tex maybe using them to get more from us. I am starting to feel real good about Mark being announced as an Orioles on Monday.

Henry has said he will not go past 8 years. I don't think the 9 years has to be at the same rate per year. Maybe 9/185 would beat the Red Sox. I think the Red Sox will match anything with 8 years and the dollars in the 170's.

Henry has said he will not go past 8 years. I don't think the 9 years has to be at the same rate per year. Maybe 9/185 would beat the Red Sox. I think the Red Sox will match anything with 8 years and the dollars in the 170's.

I still think that we are discussing the x-files here. I don't know how we could think to believe ANY of the money figures that we have thrown out there. There is so much misinformation going on. It would not surprise me if somebody signed him for 7/140 or 10/225. Who the hell knows what the correct amounts are. I just hope we find out soon.

I am starting to think that the next big news release is going to be that the Nationals are completely out. I do not see it as a plus and minus for us, I see it as a plus simply because it takes away the "feared" over-bidder/some-what close to home team.

Thats pretty much already been released. Nothing official, but Olney implied that they're out.

I still think that we are discussing the x-files here. I don't know how we could think to believe ANY of the money figures that we have thrown out there. There is so much misinformation going on. It would not surprise me if somebody signed him for 7/140 or 10/225. Who the hell knows what the correct amounts are. I just hope we find out soon.

I think the amounts are pretty close to what is being offered. The reporters from all over the country are comparing sources and information. The reports on what Boston bid varied on Thursday, but by Sunday the reports are fairly constant.

Boston 8/168

Wash 8/160

O's 7/150

Yanks - no bid on the table at this point. Probably will not go 8/160.

Archived