Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats pretty much already been released. Nothing official, but Olney implied that they're out.

I'm not believing anything till it has been sourced numeruos times or becomes offical from their front office. It's just like everyone else, I am ready for this thing to be done a week ago.

I want Tex in Baltimore, but until he signs, the process is slowing up my overall passion for baseball and the offseason. I am ready to see where everyone else goes and all the trades that are going to be made and so on and so forth.

How's everybody feeling?
If I'm the Yankees I'm feeling like it's time to get into motion.

If I'm Cash I'm thinking the time is right to blow Tex away the same way I got CC.

If I'm the Yankees FO, I'm thinking Boras is at the right place now because he's lost the A's, and feels like Boston is going to stonewall. The time is right to put this to bed because I don't really want Manny unless it's for 2 years and he's a short term fix anyway.

If I'm Steinbrenner I want the best young player to come on the FA board in a long time and I need to put butts into the seats of my new high-priced seats. And how can I explain to the fans that we passed him up and let him go to another player in the division without a good effort?

Just saying. The silence from NY is deafening.

I think that teams are one by one coming to realize that Tex is going to be an Oriole and that they are just being used to set the price. In which case, because everyone is withdrawing, this should make things wind down quickly.

I think this could very well be true. It's possible that Tex had the Orioles as his #1 choice all along, but you can't blame him for letting the Red Sox and Angels have a good chance to blow him away with a great offer. Since both those teams have their limits and won't give him a ridiculous contract, I would think he is going to settle on the O's soon.

At least, that's what I'm hoping.

I'm not believing anything till it has been sourced numeruos times or becomes offical from their front office. It's just like everyone else, I am ready for this thing to be done a week ago.

I want Tex in Baltimore, but until he signs, the process is slowing up my overall passion for baseball and the offseason. I am ready to see where everyone else goes and all the trades that are going to be made and so on and so forth.

Which is why if it is not announced tonight or tomorrow, then everybody is gonna revolt. However, I believe this will get done tomorrow or at least Tuesday because of Teixiera's desire to get it done by Christmas. I know people don't believe it since it is just something he wants.

Boras announced A-Rod opting out during game 4 of the 2007 WS, right? So all we have to do is think of an important event that could be disrupted by an annoying "Look at me! Look at me!" announcement in the next couple of days, and that is when we will know.

Doesn't Hannukah start tonight? That's somewhat important for some people.

Boras announced A-Rod opting out during game 4 of the 2007 WS, right? So all we have to do is think of an important event that could be disrupted by an annoying "Look at me! Look at me!" announcement in the next couple of days, and that is when we will know.

Teix is no ARod. None of the media outlets would allow anything about Teix to disrupt anything. The interest level would be slim to none outside of Baltimore and with whomever he signs with.

Archived