Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

You know, I'm beginning to think that MacPhail not only is going to get him, but he's going to get him for an offer close to their initial offer. Honestly, I don't think it's going to be as low as what our offer is reported to be, but I think it's probably not going to be as much of a "break-the-bank" offer as anyone initially thought. That would be really nice and would show MacPhail's legitimacy as a "savior". ;)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which contract would you prefer?:

7/161 with a 7 million dollar buyout and 23 million dollar 8th year option or 8/180?

Essentially you get him for the 8th year at just 12 million.

I still would prefer the shorter deal and give him the chance to make more overall money.

If I were the Orioles, I would put a few contracts on the table and let him choose which one he wants.

That's not how they all are over there. But I prefer Soxprospects anyway, the posters are more informed.

And if you are going to refer to the Sox as the "Sux", I don't think u should criticize people for insulting the O's.

I'm not critiquing anybody, they can think what they want to think, just like if I want to insult the Red Sox on an Orioles board, I am free to do so...

I was just pointing out that we are an afterthought in the Tex derby by most posters on SOSH...

Here is what i would do if I were AM. FWIW

1. I would not get caught up in what is being speculated in the media.

2. I would stay the course and keep my intial offer on the table of 7yrs $150 million, letting Teix and Boras aware that there is flexibility there, whether it be ading another year, little bit more money up front etc. etc. etc.

3. I would not be the one contacting Boras I would wait for them to contact me. In all negotiations the first one to speak normally loses.

In the end I have allowed the other teams to establish the true market value for Mr.Teixeira and by useing the appropraite word track in my negotiations I have set it up that I would be the last team Mr. Boras would contact after all negotiations are pretty much finalized and has long has the asking price is within reason I would make the deal. My limit would be 8yrs 185 million with two option years plus with the potential of more if we make the playoffs in any othem years or he plays a certain amount of games or puts up certain numbers ect.

I believe that pretty much is what is going on and in the end will get it done.

7/161 with a 7 million dollar buyout and 23 million dollar 8th year option or 8/180?

I still would prefer the shorter deal and give him the chance to make more overall money.

If I were the Orioles, I would put a few contracts on the table and let him choose which one he wants.

Agree - I'd go shorter contract with him making more money.

If Boras wants an opt out after 3-4 years... why would they care how many years the contact is worth after the opt out year? Wouldn't the $$/year be the deciding factor?

Because opt out only favors the player. If the player gets hurt or in the case of a guy like Travis Haffner just stinks up the place he never opts out. If like in the case of Arod he wins the MVP, he opts out. Boras clients that are playig well will more than likely opt out.

I definitely agree with this. Not sure why people feel the need to call them the Sux. We're better than that.

Sorry for going off topic.

This isn't Camden Yards. If we can't insult or put down the opposing rival I think that's going a little too far...

Roy Firestone calls the Yankees a certain name. Heck hating on the rival is what brings Orioles fans together...

I really wish people would pay attention and take the time to actually read the last few pages of a thread BEFORE posting OLD news. I came across this piece and the one from the LA Times and was about to post- when I actually took just over a minute to peruse the previous pages- where I miraculously saw that it was posted already- saving myself, AND EVERYONE WHO SCANS THESE PAGES, time.

Hopefully once the Tex drama ends so will this tendency for overposts.

With less the 1% of these posts being any actual news, I dont see a problem if something substantial gets posted any extra time or 2. Better chance of me actually seeing it while wading through hundreds of repetitive comments. The post in question for example was the 1st time I actually saw it. So gee whiz.

This isn't Camden Yards. If we can't insult or put down the opposing rival I think that's going a little too far...

Roy Firestone calls the Yankees a certain name. Heck hating on the rival is what brings Orioles fans together...

Yeah, do we always have to be mister nice guy? We already have to finish last.

No I don't mind hating rivals. I misunderstood you though, I thought u were looking down on the red sox posters who were hating on the O's which would have been hypocritical, that's what I was pointing out. Hate away, doesn't bother me.

I'm not critiquing anybody, they can think what they want to think, just like if I want to insult the Red Sox on an Orioles board, I am free to do so...

I was just pointing out that we are an afterthought in the Tex derby by most posters on SOSH...

Well honestly, no one thinks the O's have a chance. That's all because of the media. Who really knows what's going on. It's all speculation.

I think you nailed it by putting more than one offer on the table. Boras will insist on the opt out so if he takes the 7/161 with the 7 M buy out he gets the 4th year but if he takes the 8 we get the 5th year. It is too close to lose now IMO.

Archived