Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Santa:

I have tried my best this past year to be a good boy, a good son, a good husband.

If you are disposed, here is my Xmas list:

Peace, patience, and understanding for everyone. :)

An end to famine. :)

More tolerance in the world. :)

Happiness and good health all around. :)

Tex signing with the O's! :)

A winning season in '09 for the O's. :)

A new XBox, Wii, or PSP3. ;)

Please Santa, you da man! :)

For real? You have silly things like "end famine" and "happiness" higher on your list than signing Tex? Get over yourself...;)

I have been reading all this from the begining I signed up for the plus membership days ago still not active but i figured this whole thing out.

Red Sox call out Boras he gets pissed and agrees with a deal to get the O's tex. They dont announce it so he can really mess with the sox ad gets a deal done quickly for manny to become a yank. they agree to this because they know tex is going to the o's they get manny and the sox can't turn around and get tex now.

I kid I kid but it would be funny

This has got to end.

I had a dream last night that he announced his decision at Fish Tales in Ocean City and then we went deep sea fishing.

This is to funny!! I had a dream the saturday night before the Ravens played the Steelers that he had signed with the Red Sox. I woke up :cussing: and screaming like it had really happened. Then come to find out i received the text WNST saying teix was going to the game with PA. I am letting this get to me to too much. Hopefully it goes in the O's favor SOON.....

Good to hear man. Your opinion is important to us. Even if its not from your source.

Agreed! I'm just glad the guy is here. He's a good guy and perhaps he's just here to be a fan and not have us hang on his every word. I'm no better than anyone else...I'm just saying.

Okay, I'm really grasping at straws here, but is there any chance the O's and Tex want to announce this right before the holidays? It would be a nice Christmas gift for the Orioles faithful...

Oh. I agree 100%. Absolutely

You are grasping for straws. :P

For real? You have silly things like "end famine" and "happiness" higher on your list than signing Tex? Get over yourself...;)

I know, I know.....

I forgot one more thing too FLK..a real priority, over and above signing Tex. Getting my first rep bird! ;)

:D

Okay, I'm really grasping at straws here, but is there any chance the O's and Tex want to announce this right before the holidays? It would be a nice Christmas gift for the Orioles faithful...

Need to get it done in time for some Teixeira jerseys to show up under the Christmas tree.

It is hard to keep up with everything everyone has been saying. I'm not sure if this has been brought up but where do we start blaming Teix here? He had said a few times that it would be a dream to play for the team he grew up rooting for. I understand that this is his livelyhood and wants to make as much money as possible for him and his family. But if he really wants to come back home and play for Baltimore then why has'nt he made SB, who works for him call the O's and say hey the kid wants to come home and here is the deal it will take.

I have been trying to keep up with this situation for the most part but it is growing old. Teix wants this to be done before Christmas then maybe he should step up and tell SB stop with all the games and lets see the deal i can get and end this thing. I want Teix here just as bad as the next fan but if he is letting SB run him and make all the decisions for him then the O's don't have a chance unless Teix steps up himself and says get me home.

Any thoughts? i am just ready to see where he ends up and for what reasons he decides to go where he does.:confused:

I don't think there's any reason to blame Teixeira, or even Boras for that matter, for anything. This really hasn't taken much longer than a standard negotiation over a big-name FA. It just seems that way because the media, which really has no idea about what's going on, continues to insist that a deal is imminent. I mean, Gammons has said that deal would completed within 24 hours what, 3 times now?

I also think people are putting waaaaayyyy to much stock in Tex's "I'd like to know where I'll be by Christmas" statement. It's not like he's going to tell Boras to just cave in and give him a deal because Dec. 25th magically rolls around. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it end before that as well, but I'm not convinced that's going to happen.

Wasn't he saying good things when he said it's not important for Tex to go to a winner right now? He's basically saying it's ok to pick the O's over the Sox.

That was exactly his point - I realize it might not have come off that way. He was basically saying that the National media is pointing to Red Sox and booing on the O's and Nat's, but tht he would fit just fine with both teams.

giggety giggety giggety giggety

When this deal goes down, you should try to put Mcphails face in place of Quagmire's on your avatar.

That would be priceless and really pump me up to no end.

Dear Santa:

I have tried my best this past year to be a good boy, a good son, a good husband.

If you are disposed, here is my Xmas list:

Peace, patience, and understanding for everyone. :)

An end to famine. :)

More tolerance in the world. :)

Happiness and good health all around. :)

Tex signing with the O's! :)

A winning season in '09 for the O's. :)

A new XBox, Wii, or PSP3. ;)

Please Santa, you da man! :)

Good idea asking for the "humanitarian" items first. That will make it more likely you'll get the selfish ones.:D

Archived