Tuesday, June 14: O's at J's, second game of four

SteveA

Just now, Yossarian said:

The good news is Lowther has given up 9 runs in 3 innings tonight.  He's well on his way for a callup back to Baltimore. We are deep with minor league arms. 

Wow! That's a crap load of runs and they're going to bring him up? Lol

10 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

I saw the lineup and just cringed. It's not good at all. Hopefully Kikuchi will walk some guys. 

Certainly would have felt better with Stowers there. Stowers has hit lefties pretty well in the minor leagues.

4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

The good news is Lowther has given up 9 runs in 3 innings tonight.  He's well on his way for a callup back to Baltimore. We are deep with minor league arms. 

I think it's time to convert Lowther to a reliever.  He's had nothing but failure after the O's yo-yo'ed him for a year.  Yeah, his stuff isn't that great, but the results have been horrible.  I assume part of it has to be mental.

13 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Vallimont looks good again tonight.  I may have written some notes on him last week.  Also liked what I saw of McGinness. 

Edit line: 5.0IP, 2H, 0R, 0ER, 1BB, 3K, ERA 1.13, 62-41 pitches. 

Edited by justD

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Certainly would have felt better with Stowers there. Stowers has hit lefties pretty well in the minor leagues.

Yeah, he does and I think should be in the lineup due to a lot of guys that just cannot hit. 

By the way, just while he was previewing the game before the first pitch, Scott Garceau pronounced Kikuchi's last name 3 different ways in about a 2 minute span:

Kuh-Cooch-ee (which I believe is correct ir at least close)
   Kuh-Cooch-ay
   Kuh-Keech-ee