Tuesday, June 14: O's at J's, second game of four

SteveA

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Nice slider from Lyles. Good pitching against Hernandez

What's happened to Teoscar?   He was a dangerous hitter the last couple seasons, it was starting to look like a JD Martinez type of career.   This year, not so good.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

What's happened to Teoscar?   He was a dangerous hitter the last couple seasons, it was starting to look like a JD Martinez type of career.   This year, not so good.

Teoscar had a really bad May with a .428 OPS. April with a .961 OPS was a good month, but he only 6 games played and his June OPS is 1.007.

I think he'll be fine by September. 

• Upvote 1

Anybody listening on the radio?   Were Scott and Melanie even able to let the listeners know that Martin had reached on the dropped 3rd strike while Mateo was stealing 3rd?   The TV guys were unaware for quite a while.   I saw Martin on 1st before they talked about it.

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Oh you’re right. I hadn’t even noticed. Saw the name and knew that was a guy you had to be careful with. 

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

So the catcher could have thrown to first and gotten Martin for the 2nd out, but he went for 3rd and didn't get Mateo.

Cedric!

Glad the Orioles are adding runs. They need as many as they can get because of this Toronto lineup. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Anybody listening on the radio?   Were Scott and Melanie even able to let the listeners know that Martin had reached on the dropped 3rd strike while Mateo was stealing 3rd?   The TV guys were unaware for quite a while.   I saw Martin on 1st before they talked about it.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I was like, "why is Martin on 1st?"