7/1: Lucky #13, Kjerstad's Streak Extends

cboemmeljr

39 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

Magnificent Low-A camera zooming work in the video :)    The low line shot off the bat clanged off metal somewhere between the foul pole and the Emergency Exit Here sign that eventually came into view was.

The Shorebirds as a team have 41 HR in 72 games.   I don't think Power like this is much in Low-A, at least not blended with guys who can carry a .400 batting average.    .150, sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cboemmeljr said:

I'm curious as to how the distance of the HR here is calculated. They say 411 feet, but the ball clearly lands and then bounces and hits the 375' mark on the wall. Is the wall incorrectly measured? Are the including the overall arc of the HR and not jut the plate to landing straight line measurement? I guess I never really thought about it before until I saw this.

4 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

I'm curious as to how the distance of the HR here is calculated. They say 411 feet, but the ball clearly lands and then bounces and hits the 375' mark on the wall. Is the wall incorrectly measured? Are the including the overall arc of the HR and not jut the plate to landing straight line measurement? I guess I never really thought about it before until I saw this.

I think that the 375 is for the fence that was cleared, not the back side of the bullpen.  

• Thanks 1

There was so much to be excited about with last night's games, but coming close to #1 for me was Chris Vallimont's 5IP at Norfolk.  The Tides' twitter feed talked about him going 4, apparently under the assumption that he was done for the night, but he finished the game (as a piggyback for Hall) with a line of 5.0IP 0H 0R 1BB 6K, as noted in a couple of threads.  

I honestly thought Hall looked more like a closer last night and Vallimont a starter.  Heresy?

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Frustrating sure, but boring is not what I would I say. We do steal bases at times. I would like for us to play more small ball sometimes and it is frustrating to see us be so homerun happy. I think with Westy back, we will see a resurgence of timely hitting as that is very contagious.   We saw that at the beginning of the year. Amazing sight to see for sure. I think the most disheartening thing that really shocked me is the apathy and outright disgust I’ve seen from O’s fans toward their team. Perhaps we have been spoiled? No idea. Maybe expectations were too high? No idea, but frankly, a lot of yall focusing on other things and simply not watching/posting would make next season a lot more enjoyable. This is the first time since 96-97 where we make the playoffs in back to back years and you guys have been acting like some real lame jerks this whole dang season. Frankly, yall should be ashamed of yourselves. We are an incredibly young team and with that come highs and lows, but yall don’t see that. You just love to complain and moan and bloviate. Where’s the heart? Where’s the loyalty? Where’s the gratitude? You’d think with all this team has overcome, especially being so young, y’all would be happy, but no. So go off on your little bike rides or whatever. Go watch a movie if this saga seems boring to you. I don’t care. Just for once this season, keep your immense negativity to yourself.
    • Really an amazing run, 4 straight years. I completely agree with the ranking, too. There's no way Kjerstad is still a prospect though, right? 45 days is the cutoff and he's played in 48 games.
    • i think we all are going to have ptsd from that 9th inning for a while,it was that brutally bad . they need to do some special to get us to forget about it
    • wow,did gunnar and adley have to do this last season? 
    • I suggested that earlier but I think it's probably a bad play with no out. The O's have like 85% probability of scoring. There is a huge downside risk of Mullins popping up the bunt for a double play. He could also whiff on the bunt making at least Holliday an easy out. With one out and only 65% probability of scoring it's a much better play. I think if Santander and Mullins were reversed in the lineup Hyde may have done it but not when you have two shots to get the run in. 
    • WE GOT US ONE - JD5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Completely disagree about Orr. He will be fine. His defense has been better in its first few games compared to McDonald’s first few games.     And some of these big passing stats are over exaggerated. There have been mistakes for sure.
  • Popular Contributors