Tuesday August 2: Orioles take on Texas sans Lopez

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Sydnor said:

Rickard actually walked quite a bit in the minors. In 2015, he walked 69 times and struck out 75. I think Vavra looks better, but my point is if pitchers don’t feel like they need to nibble because he can’t do damage, then what does he look like? He had 17 extra base hits in 205 plate appearances this year. He’s 25. I’m not saying he’s bad. I hope he is good and exceeds my expectations. I’m just not ready to say he’s a definitive starter on a good Orioles team (I don’t think you’re saying that either).

Nah, I'm not saying that.  I'm just saying I like the approach so far.  

Hopefully he can hit a little if they're not going to nibble.  I agree, he doesn't look like a power threat but, IMO, that's okay if he's got a good command of the strike zone.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, PHRESH said:

I think what bothers me about Melanie the most is a lot of times she seems to forget she's the play by play announcer and there's dead silence while she just watches an entire play. 

She lets the game breathe a little bit.  It's not terrible.

I mean, c'mon.  You'd rather have her TALKING?  I welcome some dead silence when she's on.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Melanie is fine on the pre, post, and in game stuff but is just not a good play by play announcer.. I don't know why MASN has to force it. Just let her be a host.

Every time I see someone say this I have to bite my tongue! 

Agree though, she's good as the studio host.