Hyde refuses to let Stowers start 3 games in a row, goes with Aguilar

Tony-OH

Ok, this Aguilar thing is out of control. Unless Stowers is hurt, there is no reason for him to be out of the lineup against right-hander (or left-hander for that matter) to play Jesus Aguilar.

These are the things that make me question whether Hyde is the manager of the future here. This team is going to have a lot of rookies coming up, and we can't have a manager who loves veterans.

Now because I said this Aguilar will hit two bombs tonight, but I'm sorry, Stowers should not be sitting to play a guy who has nothing to do with our future and should have nothing to do with a present.

Did I miss something about Stowers tweaking something or this just a case where Hyde realized he accidently started Stowers two games in a row and rectified that tonight against a right-hander?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Given Hyde's (or someone's) obsession with pitcher splits, I'm actually surprised Vavra is in the lnieup instead of Urias, or McKenna instead of Santander   Urquidy is an extreme reverse split righty.

This year:  allows .792 OPS to RH, .662 to LH
Career:  .779 vs RH, .585 vs LH (wow)

• Upvote 1

Hyde is not concerned with the future right now.  He's only concerned with winning as many games as he can for the rest of the season.  So, if you want to argue that Stowers gives us a better chance of winning tonight, I can't really counter that but Hyde definitely feels better with Aguilar in there.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Given Hyde's (or someone's) obsession with pitcher splits, I'm actually surprised Vavra is in the lnieup instead of Urias, or McKenna instead of Santander   Urquidy is an extreme reverse split righty.

Urias was in lineup. Had muscle spasms 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Yet Stowers hit lefties well so maybe that evens out? Hey, sounds like a challenge for Stowers. Shouldn't we be challenging him like that this year?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Hyde is not concerned with the future right now.  He's only concerned with winning as many games as he can for the rest of the season.  So, if you want to argue that Stowers gives us a better chance of winning tonight, I can't really counter that but Hyde definitely feels better with Aguilar in there.

I'd like to know what in Aguliar's stats this suggest he makes the team better in anything but a late in game PH against a left reliever down by a run when you hope he runs into one. If Hyde or whoever is making these lineups thinks Aguilar makes the team better in any way then I question the decision making that allows them to come up with that.

Seems that either Hyde or the Sig's computer model looks over three years of stats makes decision vs what the player has done this year.

• Upvote 1