Extending the management team

wildcard

The first order of business this off season.

I have no idea what kind of contracts Elias, Sig, Holt and Hyde are on but they should be extended with raises.  One of the worse things that could happen is seeing any of these four leave.

There needs to be a commitment from ownership on this point.  It actually will make the franchise more valuable to lock them up for years to come.

If we actually knew the terms of their contracts, perhaps I’d worry about this.  But the O’s are so tight-lipped, we don’t know enough to worry about it.  One thing we do know: the O’s exercised some kind of option in Hyde’s contract and Elias is 100% behind him.  Here’s a quote from Elias’ presser:

“I think this is the year that people are noticing what a talented manager that we have in Baltimore, but for me this has been four years,” executive vice president/general manager Mike Elias said yesterday, with Hyde sitting next to him in the auxiliary clubhouse.

“We’ve been very process-oriented. He’s been working with the front office to build the entire organization. So, this isn’t something that’s new for me in 2022, but obviously he’s gotten national attention, and rightfully so, for the performance of the team, and for me more so, the style of play that I think we see from these players.

“I think this is a good year for him to win it, but in my mind it’s for the last four years, and hopefully many more.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/elias-and-players-endorsing-hyde-for-manager-of-the-year-honor

6 minutes ago, SCJeff said:

I agree completely with extending them. I do believe Sig will get some GM interviews this off-season if there are any openings left. 

Do we have any information that Sig would even be interested in being a GM?

Do we have any idea if he has the type of skill set you need as a GM?

He's also listed a Vice President, what would another team have to offer to be considered a promotion?

This is my biggest fear for what could derail this whole thing, especially with the Orioles ownership being at least somewhat up in the air. Hopefully if any of the big boys come calling and the Angeloses don't step up, a desire to see this thing through will keep him in Baltimore but I think it's a legitimate worry. 

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do we have any information that Sig would even be interested in being a GM?

Do we have any idea if he has the type of skill set you need as a GM?

He's also listed a Vice President, what would another team have to offer to be considered a promotion?

It would be a GM ….don’t let the VP confuse. The top decision maker in a front office is a promotion 

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

It would be a GM ….don’t let the VP confuse. The top decision maker in a front office is a promotion 

I doubt Elias would stand in the way of Sig leaving for a GM position and John Angelos is not his father.

• Upvote 1