Minor league rotations

Just Regular

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If you've got Hall, Zimmerman, Watkins, Baumann, and Rom, how does Denoyer fit in?     Maybe if Hall makes the bullpen, one of the others gets released or injured, or one of the others is sent to the bullpen.     This doesn't even include Vallimont who started when he was with Norfolk, and McGough who is a starter with AAA experience.

Yeah. I see your logic, but at the same time I'd want guys who might have a chance to be ML starters to get priority. I also personally don't see Hall going to AAA.

A guy like Zimmerman OTOH, is hanging by a thread. Baumann could easily be in the bullpen. Watkins too, really. 

Going solely by Tony's list + age/level/experience argues for Denoyer as a starter at AAA. 

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Yeah. I see your logic, but at the same time I'd want guys who might have a chance to be ML starters to get priority. I also personally don't see Hall going to AAA.

A guy like Zimmerman OTOH, is hanging by a thread. Baumann could easily be in the bullpen. Watkins too, really. 

Going solely by Tony's list + age/level/experience argues for Denoyer as a starter at AAA. 

Zimmerman is the type of guy you need to keep stretched out for a spot start. We’re not tanking anymore, so we need to have guys like Zimmerman and Watkins pitching every 5th ish day. Probably Baumann too. 

Rom and Denoyer can piggyback in long relief if need be.  Not much of a developmental difference for “them” going 4 IP rather than 5 IP. 

We don’t have superstars, but we have “good” depth. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Zimmerman is the type of guy you need to keep stretched out for a spot start. We’re not tanking anymore, so we need to have guys like Zimmerman and Watkins pitching every 5th ish day. Probably Baumann too. 

Rom and Denoyer can piggyback in long relief if need be.  Not much of a developmental difference for “them” going 4 IP rather than 5 IP. 

We don’t have superstars, but we have “good” depth. 

I could see Denoyer getting 5-7 starts back in AA where they try to consistently stretch him out. He only threw more than 65 pitches last year twice. Denoyer has a starter's repertoire, but has to show he can be stretched out and keep his stuff 80-90+ pitches every five days before he becomes a legitimate starting pitching prospect.

• Upvote 1

I see eight guys that could be in the Norfolk rotation.  Hall, Zimmermann, Baumann, Rom, Watkins, Watson, Armbruester and McGough.   Until the O's pen is settled I don't know how I can predict the Norfolk rotation.

Edited by wildcard

20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I see eight guys that could be in the Norfolk rotation.  Hall, Zimmermann, Baumann, Rom, Watkins, Watson, Armbruester and McGough.   Until the O's pen is settled I don't know how we can predict the Norfolk rotation.

You’re predicting Maverick Handley to start at Norfolk.    Hard to believe the Orioles are going to have Bemboom, Klovoscary, and Handley splitting the catching three ways.  So it’s okay for you predict Norfolks catching situation not knowing what happens with the other two catchers but it’s not ok for someone else to predict the Norfolk rotation without knowing the makeup of the Orioles bullpen.  Seems hypocritical.

33 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You’re predicting Maverick Handley to start at Norfolk.    Hard to believe the Orioles are going to have Bemboom, Klovoscary, and Handley splitting the catching three ways.  So it’s okay for you predict Norfolks catching situation not knowing what happens with the other two catchers but it’s not ok for someone else to predict the Norfolk rotation without knowing the makeup of the Orioles bullpen.  Seems hypocritical.

Sorry,  I used the wrong pronoun.   I should have said I can't predict at this point.  I  have absolutely nothing to say about what you or anyone else can predict.    My bad.

I didn't mean to be critical at all.

• Upvote 1