Bird Bath Splash Zone

SteveA

13 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Doesn't start until Friday unfortunately.

I won't have the chance to see it in person until Monday for Ohtani day, as I am out of town this weekend.

Whoops I thought somewhere I read about it saying 5/10. That’s ok we go again on Memorial Day so will hopefully see it in action in person then.

Just now, RVAOsFan said:

We encourage fans to celebrate with the Orioles team by mimicking turning on the faucet, activating the sprinklers, and drinking out of the homer hose

Mimicking. 

My take is you mimic activating the sprinkles (spitting).

If I mimic juggling I don't actually juggle, I act like I'm juggling.

Just now, Going Underground said:

Only you Supposedly Oriole employees spray you with water. But beer and stupid people do dumb things  Or just stupid people. .Been around the world and only stupid are breeding. 

It says they encourage fans to mimick activating the sprinklers.... where are fans going to spit water? I don't know, maybe I am just having a hard time picturing this thing, sounds weird.

• Like 1

Just now, RVAOsFan said:

It says they encourage fans to mimick activating the sprinklers.... where are fans going to spit water? I don't know, maybe I am just having a hard time picturing this thing, sounds weird.

You know how to whistle don’t ya, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow.

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

I can see this turning out really bad. I'm an admitted germaphobe and if I think someone is spitting on me or my family, it's going to be a problem. I find it doubtful that it will be limited to the one section also.

The Orioles told me last year they did not want to have napkin dispensers or ketchup and mustard bottles out because wanted to keep the ballpark a touchless environment. Still don't have any stations for that 

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Mimicking. 

My take is you mimic activating the sprinkles (spitting).

If I mimic juggling I don't actually juggle, I act like I'm juggling.

The wording of this was confusing. If you follow the instructions in the video, the mimicking of the sprinklers is the back and forth arm motion the hitter makes when they get to second base (not the spitting in the dugout). But I'm not sure how you mimic the Homer Hose.  

The blurb also says "water will be sprayed" so I believe that is the bird bath (not from people spitting on each other!)

Leave it to an OH poster to find any negative they can, in anything.  LOL.

If this gets an extra 10 frigging people into the park, then why not?  At least they're trying, and they're embracing what the players are actually doing.  I don't think I'd sit there, but 25-ish years ago when I was going to games w/ my college buddies?  Oh yeah.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Leave it to an OH poster to find any negative they can, in anything.  LOL.

If this gets an extra 10 frigging people into the park, then why not?  At least they're trying, and they're embracing what the players are actually doing.  I don't think I'd sit there, but 25-ish years ago when I was going to games w/ my college buddies?  Oh yeah.

I'm assuming you're referring to me...not all ideas are good ones. I leave it at that rather than entering into a back and forth about it. If you were not talking about me, my apologies.

1 hour ago, RVAOsFan said:

So the random guy next to me is going to fill his mouth with water and spit on me when we hit a double? Am I understanding this right?

Yes that sounds exactly like what will happen if you sit in section 86. 

We encourage fans to celebrate with the Orioles team by mimicking turning on the faucet, activating the sprinklers, and drinking out of the homer hose, and joining in on the fun in Section 86!

You may get wet in the Bird Bath Splash Zone. We encourage fans to secure their belongings in waterproof bags before entering the Bird Bath.

13 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I'm assuming you're referring to me...not all ideas are good ones. I leave it at that rather than entering into a back and forth about it. If you were not talking about me, my apologies.

Nope, wasn't you. 

14 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Also, because you don't like an idea and/or wouldn't participate, doesn't mean it isn't a good idea, for the record.  'Not for me' and 'Not a good idea' are two very different things.  I even said in my own post, that it wasn't for me.....

• Like 1