Pitching Moves coming

accinfo

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Only Bautista and Cano pitched on Friday so they are the only two unavailable tomorrow.

No idea about Irvin, given that he hasn't really pitched in relief, but he only threw 7 pitches today.

Baker has pitched 4 of the last 6 games. He’s likely out tomorrow.

3 hours ago, SilverRocket said:

I think it's just going to be Baumann for Givens. I want to see Irvin stick around at least for tomorrow for length, given the heavy usage of the main guys lately.

Even if that were to happen, you'll still see Irvin optioned probably for Keegan Akin (or possibly Nick Vespi) eventually.

9 hours ago, oriole said:

Baumann for Givens seems like a definite. 

I do wonder if anyone would claim Voth if he was designated. He hasn’t looked great this year but seems like the type of guy who could turn it around quick. 

Probably time for Elias to find a trade partner when Tate is ready to return.

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

Same, Baumann has come back down to earth since his solid start to the season and Irvin was doing well in AAA

Hyde loves Baumann’s stuff as do I.   He needs to do better but he has the potential to be the 3rd best guy in the pen.

13 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

Cano had 19 and 13 pitches the last 2 games vs Bautista 25 and 31, you might be able to get 1 out of Cano.

Cano has also pitched four out of the past five days. Cano might be available in a high leverage situation, but I have to think the O’s are going to avoid using him if possible.

Cano has been pitch efficient, but at some point you can’t pitch him everyday. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Cano has also pitched four out of the past five days. Cano might be available in a high leverage situation, but I have to think the O’s are going to avoid using him if possible.

Cano has been pitch efficient, but at some point you can’t pitch him everyday. 

Absolutely agree, I was ONLY talking about high-leverage, 1 inning usage, kinda "break glass in event of emergency".

The off day helps but Givens for Irvin complicates things. The only shuttle guy with options now is Baumann. 5 batters each the last two games, plus 5 batters on Thursday. When Tate comes back he has options. Baumann down for Tate or Akin? Then everybody's rested for the Yankees.

I called it. It was just common sense.

I agree with the idea of finding a trading partner though. We have lots of good options in Norfolk who aren't getting any younger. We will see Akin and Vespi back up and down through out the length of the season. They might even find a couple spots to start Drew Rom or Cole Irvin. I'm sure they want to give them each a start against a lower leverage opponent to see how they do.

If a double header happens, all of the aforementioned starters are probably getting consideration for an opportunity, just like Zimmerman and Baumann did last season.

3 hours ago, Dunk35 said:

Dillon Tate needs to earn his way back into the bullpen. He isn't ready for Major League hitters right now and we don't have a glaring opening outside of maybe Voth? 

Unless there is an injury, Tate will be optioned to AAA when his 30 day rehab is up. He’s coming back from a tough injury and now he has to beat someone out. 

We have solid depth right now. 

SP: Irvin, Zimmerman, Watkins, Hall, Rom

RP: Akin, Vespi, Gilaspie, Tate, Khreibel, Darwinzon, Vallimont

I wouldn’t sleep on a guy like Povich getting a start in August/September. 

Means is lingering as well. 

• Upvote 1