Thoughts on deep playoff run?

Sports Guy

16 hours ago, Hallas said:

I unironically think that the 6th seed has an easier time in the AL than the 4 seed.  We'd have to play Houston or Toronto with home field advantage?  I'd take Minnesota or Cleveland 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.  If we somehow play ourselves down to a 6 seed we also skip TB until the ALCS.

Realistically?  It's the playoffs, anything can happen.  I think the 2 most likely outcomes are that we get stopped by TB in the ALDS or we make it to the WS.  If we make it to the WS I think we lose in 6 to the Braves and have a good shot against anyone else.

The division leaders being auto-seeded higher than teams with vastly superior records just throws any semblance of fairness in playoff seeding out the window and is complete horse poop, tbh.  I think we need to revert to 2 divisions per league whenever MLB decides to expand to 32 teams.  I think a playoff system with 2 division leaders and 4 wild cards in a field of 16 per side is pretty fair and adds enough games to keep the games compelling without overly crowding the playoff field.  I think the 6 seeds have a legitimate shot at playoff success.  The NBA model where .500 teams make the 8th playoff spot is kind of trash because the 7th and 8th teams advance far too infrequently to make those series compelling.

100% true. You get the worst AL playoff team, the Central winner, in the 1st round. Then you avoid the #1 overall seed in the ALDS. 

Of course, this team has a real shot at winning the East. And that should be the focus.