Scoreboard watching

Frobby

6 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Man have the Mariners and Twins been absolutely WORTHLESS the last 7 games. And now after this weekend while we're playing the Astros the Rays will be playing the Angels. Both schedules are pretty even now rest of the way. Really thought we'd be able to make some space the last 7 days but just didn't happen. 

we needed to win a game that was winnable last night...but we just didnt hit or pitch when it mattered...

26 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Man have the Mariners and Twins been absolutely WORTHLESS the last 7 games. And now after this weekend while we're playing the Astros the Rays will be playing the Angels. Both schedules are pretty even now rest of the way. Really thought we'd be able to make some space the last 7 days but just didn't happen. 

Orioles have Astros but then nobody. TB still has to play Toronto six times. I wouldn't call it even. I think it still favors the Orioles slightly. A split in this series should do the trick.

32 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Orioles have Astros but then nobody. TB still has to play Toronto six times. I wouldn't call it even. I think it still favors the Orioles slightly. A split in this series should do the trick.

I'm not sure I'd call 4 with Cleveland and then 4 to finish with Boston "nobody". Cleveland can pitch, and we've seen how Boston hits.

Just now, oriolediehard said:

We need Gibson to have his A game tonight.  What do the Cardinals need to prove tonight? Where were they this whole season??

They are professional players, they are not going to give up playing hard to help the Orioles. They are playing hard every game, as they should. This shouldn't be surprising to you.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

They are professional players, they are not going to give up playing hard to help the Orioles. They are playing hard every game, as they should. This shouldn't be surprising to you.

I'm pretty sure we expected the O's teams from 2018-2021 to just lie down when facing a contender. 

I know I was all, what are you guys doing, trying to win, that team is fighting for the playoffs!

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm not sure I'd call 4 with Cleveland and then 4 to finish with Boston "nobody". Cleveland can pitch, and we've seen how Boston hits.

They will be both eliminated, with nothing to play for, and they are not very good. "Nobody" was a rhetorical device. Toronto on the other hand, will have a lot to play for, and they are good.

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

Well, they could do a deal between avian species to screw the marine one. :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

They will be both eliminated, with nothing to play for, and they are not very good. "Nobody" was a rhetorical device. Toronto on the other hand, will have a lot to play for, and they are good.

We had nothing to play for in 2011 but still knocked Boston out of the playoffs, the players never stop trying to win. Management may put a team on the field that they think will tank, but the players will never tank intentionally.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

We had nothing to play for in 2011 but still knocked Boston out of the playoffs, the players never stop trying to win. Management may put a team on the field that they think will tank, but the players will never tank intentionally.

That was a historic Boston collapse. I hope this will not happen to the Orioles. Well, they have at least a WC locked up.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

That was a historic Boston collapse. I hope this will not happen to the Orioles. Well, they have at least a WC locked up.

The point being that teams with nothing to play for still try to win every day. They don't just mail it in, they are professional athletes who want to compete and win every day.