MLB.TV skips plays

Idaho_OriolesFan

Has anyone else noticed this? I'll be watching a game (particularly the TB series) and one moment there's nobody on base... I'll look away for a moment... and then look back and the batter hits someone home from 2nd (for example). This happens a lot.  

I'm assuming that they're trying to speed up the game (prolly cause they're on a lag) but really?

28 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Was it one of the extra innings where there was a ghost runner at 2nd to start the inning?

I've asked my wife the same and she said, "it's extra innings, slim". 

I do that. Also, because I am often manically switching between games I get confused about what game I am watching. I will be like: OMG Gibson we just scored three runs and you already have two guys on!!?? Wait, that’s not Gibson…or even the Orioles.

• Haha 2

How are you getting to mlb.tv?

I ask because something similar happens to me but only when I am watching mlb.tv via q PlayStation and I am not live, but instead a few minutes in the past because I joined late or had to go back. I've noticed if I try to skip ahead a little bit to make up time or try to use the controller to see the navigation interface it will skip to present. Frustrating for sure.

I don't recommend that viewing experience.

On the other hand, when watching on a TV  through a Google Chromecast with the same Wi-Fi strength the issue above never happens. Watching on my phone doesn't do this either.

• Upvote 1

I have not had this issue. Last night watching through a Fire stick, I was getting this stutter every few seconds. It wasn't like anything was buffering. The videop would just skip for like .5 seconds. It started in about the 3rd inning. By the 5th inning, I was rebooting everything and it seemed to go away.

4 hours ago, spleen1015 said:

I have not had this issue. Last night watching through a Fire stick, I was getting this stutter every few seconds. It wasn't like anything was buffering. The videop would just skip for like .5 seconds. It started in about the 3rd inning. By the 5th inning, I was rebooting everything and it seemed to go away.

That stutter happens with me some with my FireTV through their MLB app. It is usually audio dropout more than video. 

5 hours ago, AdamK said:

How are you getting to mlb.tv?

I've been using the mlb.tv app on a Roku TV. I had never had this issue before but especially during the TB series it was rampant. Maybe like someone else suggested, it's cause of the extra innings.

Anyway, I like the service a lot, but little things like this boggle my mind. Also, the lag means that I can't read any texts coming in from my father keeping up on the stats, cause they turn out to be spoilers

3 minutes ago, Idaho_OriolesFan said:

Anyway, I like the service a lot, but little things like this boggle my mind. Also, the lag means that I can't read any texts coming in from my father keeping up on the stats, cause they turn out to be spoilers

Lol, I know. It's one of many real life examples I need to keep my phone face down or out of sight.

Our TV provides score updates on top of any show or input I am using unless I turn it off. I sometimes forget, and when I am watching a few moments behind when tension is building, it is completely spoiled by a score update "from the future". Sometimes I don't mind. Sometimes...