International League Playoffs: Durham @ Norfolk

cboemmeljr

I like seeing Povich getting the ball.

His 2022 was 24 games and 114 innings.

Entering tonight he is at 28 games and 127 innings.

These days I consider that entirely ready platform wise for a MLB rookie year.

150 innings is the new 200 innings, and I think most pitchers who earn innings 151-200 have to prove it.     Maybe not Paul Skenes.

15 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

Mayo with the oppo bomb, Stowers with the CF bomb, Ortiz with a great defensive play and key RBI single. Props to Voth too for having a great game. It's very easy to be depressed this time of year that you are pitching in AAA vs the big leagues and kind of go through the motions, but Voth definitely upped his game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Mayo with the oppo bomb, Stowers with the CF bomb, Ortiz with a great defensive play and key RBI single. Props to Voth too for having a great game. It's very easy to be depressed this time of year that you are pitching in AAA vs the big leagues and kind of go through the motions, but Voth definitely upped his game. 

They looked like they had never seen a curve like Voth’s.   He will pitch again in the bigs. 

• Upvote 1

Such a turn around from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Tuesday's pitching staff threw 9 BB, 13K, Baumann had 2 WP (Bemboom Catching).  Offensively the Tide had 14K and 0 BB

Wednesday's pitching staff threw:  2BB, 17K, no WP or PB and NO stolen bases (Handley Catching).  Offensively the Tide had only 5K and 6BB.

Just watching the game, both offensively and defensively the feel and performance were 180 from night to night.

Beeks (Bulls starting Pitcher) is LHP.  Handley is RHH while Bemboom and Godoy are LHH.  As such, I think the Tide will give the NOD to Handley to start tonight. 

Best Chance for a W lineup?  (McKenna is my unknown as he is a RHH but OF and Norby/Cowser/Stowers have been solid)

L  Holiday    SS   

R  Norby      LF   

L  Cowser     CF   

R  Mayo       3B   

L  Stowers    RF  

R  Ortiz        2B   

L  Lester      DH

L  Diaz         1B

R  Handley    C   

43 minutes ago, CHIP said:

Such a turn around from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Tuesday's pitching staff threw 9 BB, 13K, Baumann had 2 WP (Bemboom Catching).  Offensively the Tide had 14K and 0 BB

Wednesday's pitching staff threw:  2BB, 17K, no WP or PB and NO stolen bases (Handley Catching).  Offensively the Tide had only 5K and 6BB.

Just watching the game, both offensively and defensively the feel and performance were 180 from night to night.

Beeks (Bulls starting Pitcher) is LHP.  Handley is RHH while Bemboom and Godoy are LHH.  As such, I think the Tide will give the NOD to Handley to start tonight. 

Best Chance for a W lineup?  (McKenna is my unknown as he is a RHH but OF and Norby/Cowser/Stowers have been solid)

L  Holiday    SS   

R  Norby      LF   

L  Cowser     CF   

R  Mayo       3B   

L  Stowers    RF  

R  Ortiz        2B   

L  Lester      DH

L  Diaz         1B

R  Handley    C   

Good thoughts there.  Maybe Lester sits.  With McKenna in CF, Cowser in RF, and Stowers to DH.

31 minutes ago, Ridgway22 said:

Does anyone know, if the Tides win tonight, who the Home team would be Saturday in the "Championship" game?

That is a great question.  Tides were 90-59 for a .604.  OKC Dodgers were 90-58 for a .608.  On the MILB scoreboard for Saturday the OKC Dodgers are already listed as Home team.

• Thanks 1