Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Just now, Pickles said:

The first part we're starting to get into a butterfly effect that I won't attempt to unravel.

Regarding the second, yeah, he probably starts game three for us.  We scored one run.  What are the odds he throws a shut out?

Then we're out Joey Ortiz, and we didn't improve our situation at all.

The Montgomery trade worked out well for the Texas Rangers.

It has absolutely no bearing on any moves the Orioles should be making.

I'm not saying the O's would have beat whomever they had faced in the playoffs but I think it's extremely likely that the Rangers don't make the playoffs without Montgomery.  I like the O's chances better against whatever team they would have faced over the Rangers team that swept them.

To say that the O's scored one run is pretty meaningless, since, butterfly effect, they wouldn't have been facing the Rangers.

This is obviously with hindsight.  It didn't take  a crystal ball to see that more could have been done over what was done.

I am getting some good entertainment from SportsGuy taking on the whole board virtually by himself now.

Baron

Members

Posted 1 minute ago

5 minutes ago,  Sports Guy said: 

You are right..I don’t know.

Quick someone take a screen shot and hang it up on a wall. We're witnessing history!

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not saying the O's would have beat whomever they had faced in the playoffs but I think it's extremely likely that the Rangers don't make the playoffs without Montgomery.  I like the O's chances better against whatever team they would have faced over the Rangers team that swept them.

To say that the O's scored one run is pretty meaningless, since, butterfly effect, they wouldn't have been facing the Rangers.

This is obviously with hindsight.  It didn't take  a crystal ball to see that more could have been done over what was done.

Again, the Montgomery trade worked out well for the Rangers.

It has no more bearing than the Glenn Davis trade on the relative merits of any prospective move facing the Orioles this offseason.

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I am getting some good entertainment from SportsGuy taking on the whole board virtually by himself now.

Baron

Members

Posted 1 minute ago

5 minutes ago,  Sports Guy said: 

You are right..I don’t know.

Quick someone take a screen shot and hang it up on a wall. We're witnessing history!

Do they have a gender option? Progressive, I like it. Do they also have pronouns showing?

3 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Obsession is probably with Elias, Was able to take a waiver claim  in Jorge Lopez (all star at the the time ,but worth not a lot now) and turn into a 4 pitcher deal that was Headlined by Povich,also included Yenier Cano. They already won that trade. Second took Trey Mancini, Got Seth Johnson and Chase Mcdermot, coupled with Povich is picthing wise the top of farm. 3rd< the Dylan Bundy trade with LAA Net 4 pitch prospects headed by Kyle Bradish, Elias knows what hes doing

That still doesn't change the fact that Povich has done squat since he got here. Johnson is 24 years old coming off major injury and has barley picthed above AA. Elias is not some saint that is going to hit on everybody. 

7 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

That still doesn't change the fact that Povich has done squat since he got here. Johnson is 24 years old coming off major injury and has barley picthed above AA. Elias is not some saint that is going to hit on everybody. 

He’s made moves that haven’t worked but if you don’t love the Jorge Lopez/Trey Mancini deals, I don’t know what to tell you.

• Upvote 1

One of the admins over there on Soxwhatever said The White Sox have 5 former top 10 prospects including 2 number 1's in the starting lineup next year so can't miss prospects mean nothing to them. So, they'll take whoever then? What's the big snag if the prospects mean nothing to them? 

That place is a legit clown show. I'll never complain about the stuff that goes on here. Probably.

Edited by Malike

That original guy, I don't know what his name is here, maybe Chicago White Sox or whatever keeps saying Mayo is too risky, then gets salty when he's told Mayo won't be included in the trade if it ever (hopefully not) happens. The dude has a huge man crush on Mayo and is trying to play it off like he's a lumbering giant who has no position lol. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SoxFan3344 said:

And I’m 100% sure Mike Elias is using that as part of his negotiation, I’d also think that Mike Elias and the player development team see something in Cease to where they can build him back up closer to the 2022 Cease than 2023, as some insiders have also alluded to also about teams thinking they can make adjustments to him 

I can't imagine Elias being involved at all if he thought there weren't adjustment that could be made.  A lot of assumptions are being made right now including that Elias is as interested in making this deal as a lot of us are.  For all we know Cease is Plan C or D.

Just now, 24fps said:

I can't imagine Elias being involved at all if he thought there weren't adjustment that could be made.  A lot of assumptions are being made right now including that Elias is as interested in making this deal as a lot of us are.  For all we know Cease is Plan C or D.

Oh, no, it's Cease or bust. At least according to the experts on the Sox forum. We're toast without him, like a 70-win team, they really think our season is a bust without him. Hilarious.

3 minutes ago, 24fps said:

He's involved because even the 2023 version of Cease would be an asset to our rotation. It is just a matter if he is willing to give up enough to land him.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Oh, no, it's Cease or bust. At least according to the experts on the Sox forum. We're toast without him, like a 70-win team, they really think our season is a bust without him. Hilarious.

I have no doubt that Cease will bring back a return from some team that's at least fair value.  From a contract standpoint alone he makes too much sense for every team actively looking for pitching.  It's just that after participating in this thread almost from the beginning and periodically checking the White Sox board, I have to keep reminding myself that nobody really knows anything.

I would be very, very disappointed if Elias wasn't currently working on at least two other trades for starting pitching.

17 minutes ago, Malike said:

That original guy, I don't know what his name is here, maybe Chicago White Sox or whatever keeps saying Mayo is too risky, then gets salty when he's told Mayo won't be included in the trade if it ever (hopefully not) happens. The dude has a huge man crush on Mayo and is trying to play it off like he's a lumbering giant who has no position lol. 

Yea it’s so odd. He keeps pushing me for why Mayo isn’t available, I explain it to him and he’s like yea but that doesn’t mean he’s not available.  Lol

It’s just a weird sequence.