Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What is the equivalent to Ortiz if we take him Out because he doesn’t make as much sense for them?  

Now our board GM is trying to appease the WS board GM because they don’t want Ortiz.  Oh boy!  Lol

Edited by RZNJ
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

He's not a good fit or something.  For reasons unexplained or unexplainable.

He turns 26 in June and they keep comparing him to Nick Madrigal.   Ironically, they wanted the Dodgers #1 prospect, Michael Busch, who is already 26.   There are so many contradictions, hypocrites, misinformation, and out and out lies on that board that it would make your head spin.   

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He turns 26 in June and they keep comparing him to Nick Madrigal.   Ironically, they wanted the Dodgers #1 prospect, Michael Busch, who is already 26.   There are so many contradictions, hypocrites, misinformation, and out and out lies on that board that it would make your head spin.   

I mean SG seems to be accepting their premise, and saying they won't be "relevant for four years," which is ironic because he spent years screaming, "It doesn't need to take this long!" as Mike Elias turned the team around in.... checks notes.... four years.

Just now, Pickles said:

I mean SG seems to be accepting their premise, and saying they won't be "relevant for four years," which is ironic because he spent years screaming, "It doesn't need to take this long!" as Mike Elias turned the team around in.... checks notes.... four years.

They don’t have Mike Elias.  Sox fans hate Reinsdorf and think Getz is just a carryover from the previous ineffective regime.   They also won’t get the benefit we did from stinking with the new draft lottery rules.   It doesn’t look good.

Just now, RZNJ said:

They don’t have Mike Elias.  Sox fans hate Reinsdorf and think Getz is just a carryover from the previous ineffective regime.   They also won’t get the benefit we did from stinking with the new draft lottery rules.   It doesn’t look good.

They also don't have the NYY, TOR, Red Sox, and Rays in their division either.  F them.  I have no sympathy for them.

Just now, RZNJ said:

But it's the Central.

Only the Twins finished over .500 last year.

Only the Guardians finished over .500 in 2022.

Only the White Sox finished over .500 in 2021.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But it's the Central.

Elias would have had his team in the playoffs in year 3 in the AL Central.

And that's starting from a much, much worse position than the White Sox are in right now.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But it's the Central.

True but only the division winner makes the playoffs.  Definitely easier though.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Your inability to comprehend simple things doesn’t mean it wasn’t explained to you.

I still can’t understand why the White Sox posters became so agitated. 😁

• Haha 1

The two biggest issues going on over at the Sox site in my opinion are these.

1. Despite people saying Ortiz would not be a headliner, they hate him and keep insisting that people from this board are making him a headliner. 

2. They think without Cease, we will be a last-place team in the East.

My IQ and patience have both dropped in the very short time I've spent there. They are dense and despite being told otherwise, they just insist Ortiz can never be the headliner and the Orioles are a last-place team without Cease.

I get that they are horribly run and they develop about as well as the Orioles did when we were the laughingstock of baseball many years ago and they absolutely need to hit on this trade, but I don't have any confidence that they'd not ruin our prospects anyway in development. They're that bad.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sportsguy has been posting over there.

Yes.  You’d be amazed how many White Sox posters have reading comprehension problems or so I’ve been told.

Just thinking. SG started this thread a week short of two months ago. This has become a long dance. It's not only lasted this long, but evolved into a back and forth with the WSox board. To the point that the Sox board seems to have put a cease-and-desist order on some of our posters and vice versa? The Battle of The Boards? I don't remember anything like this in my years on OH. But then I don't remember much about yesterday. Note - if you had over 185 - you are correct!