Team Store Workers To Picket On Black Friday

Can_of_corn

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Even that requires more skill than signing folks up for season tickets.

Is that supposed to bother me?  Like, are you that weak and simple that you think this is somehow a “gotcha comment”?  lol..pathetic.

And btw, when doing that simple job, I didn’t cry that I should be paid the equivalent to over 40k a year because that’s absurd and stupid, just as any minimum wage going up to $15/hr or more talk is.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Is that supposed to bother me?  Like, are you that weak and simple that you think this is somehow a “gotcha comment”?  lol..pathetic.

And btw, when doing that simple job, I didn’t cry that I should be paid the equivalent to over 40k a year because that’s absurd and stupid, just as any minimum wage going up to $15/hr or more talk is.

It's just interesting to me that someone who literally held a very similar job would be so lacking in anything approaching empathy.

I guess if folks were campaigning for a raise when you were doing "chimp work" you would have sided with the team?

We had a thread on here during the season where people were complaining about customer service, long lines, workers not working, etc…and those same people believe they should be paid even more than the absurd hourly wage it seems like they are making now?  Lol

Yea no. That’s absurd. 

They don’t even check you out anymore for the most part. They literally do nothing.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's just interesting to me that someone who literally held a very similar job would be so lacking in anything approaching empathy.

I guess if folks were campaigning for a raise when you were doing "chimp work" you would have sided with the team?

Well I didn’t hold a similar job…I did much more than these guys do and worked more hours.

That said, a minimum wage job is just that..a minimum wage job. You don’t deserve to make that type of money doing that job especially when you really aren’t doing anything.

So no, I don’t have empathy for people who believe they should be paid a lot to do nothing and then bitch and moan when they don’t. 

If they are making $15/hr as it is, that’s more than enough for what they do.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well I didn’t hold a similar job…I did much more than these guys do and worked more hours.

That said, a minimum wage job is just that..a minimum wage job. You don’t deserve to make that type of money doing that job especially when you really aren’t doing anything.

So no, I don’t have empathy for people who believe they should be paid a lot to do nothing and then bitch and moan when they don’t. 

If they are making $15/hr as it is, that’s more than enough for what they do.

What was it like selling a product that practically everyone who picked up the phone already knew almost all about it?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

arrested-development.gif

Obviously I don't live in the city but a 10 second google search shows the monthly rent on a one bedroom apartment in Baltimore is $1,395/month.

There goes 16.7K of that paycheck.

So? If you are at the point in your life where you are paying rent, you better have a better job or you should have multiple jobs.

Paying them outrageous wages causes everything to go up and it’s already expensive enough to get something to eat or drink. And then you complain about those prices and the poor service and you wonder why that it is. It comes from a group of people that feel entitled to get paid a lot to do nothing.

I don’t feel like having to spend even more money because people made poor life choices and now expect to get paid for them. 

Those minimum wage jobs are for kids in high school or in college. They aren’t meant to live off of in the way you are talking about.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

So? If you are at the point in your life where you are paying rent, you better have a better job or you should have multiple jobs.

Paying them outrageous wages causes everything to go up and it’s already expensive enough to get something to eat or drink. And then you complain about those prices and the poor service and you wonder why that it is. It comes from a group of people that feel entitled to get paid a lot to do nothing.

I don’t feel like having to spend even more money because people made poor life choices and now expect to get paid for them. 

Those minimum wage jobs are for kids in high school or in college. They aren’t meant to live off of in the way you are talking about.

Are you actually that ignorant of basic economic theory?

And you're a business owner?

Yikes.

This is now boring me, I'm out before we start violating board rules.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What was it like selling a product that practically everyone who picked up the phone already knew almost all about it?

Is this another one of your awful attempts at being witty?  I’m guessing you have a point here but this is a pretty stupid question.