Hanley Ramirez - SS

Jorge Cantu - 3B

Dan Uggla - DH

Jeremy Hermida - LF

Cody Ross - RF

Wes Helms - 1B

Brett Hayes - C

Ricky Nolasco - P

This is the last we will see of Izturis, Mora, and Guthrie for at least a week, but most likely longer for all three.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does Trembley have a thing about having light-hitting MIers 1st or 2nd in the batting order? He did this last year too.

Because it's spring training and it doesn't matter.

Hermida misplays a Markakis fly ball into a double, and Aubrey Huff drives him in with an RBI single.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You guys that are worrying about blocking guys crack me up. If you aren’t adding in free agency you aren’t trying to win now. Besides the Os don’t have 7 allstar ballplayers coming up in the next 2 or 3 year.
    • Going from Mullins to Kiermaier is a downgrade and there is no proof that Cowser has anywhere close to the range of Mullins.   Better to keep Mullins and sign a FA starter. Stowers and Cowser will push Santander and Hays for playing time  in the near future but not quite yet.    I like the depth they provide.   Did you see how injuries hit Tampa last year?
    • Yes, they can.  But could they improve more by downgrading somewhat in CF to get a pitcher who’s a better option than anyone available on the FA market, age, health, ability and cost all considered?   That’s the question.   I’m not saying the answer is clear, but that is what Elias & co. need to consider.   And it depends on what Mullins would bring back and what the alternatives are in CF.   Trade Mullins straight up for Lopez and sign Kiermaier until Cowser is ready?   I am not crazy about that one.  But there could be some similar scenario that works.  
    • There are many ways to improve.  In my opinion starting pitching is our greatest weakness.  If we can trade from our strengths, position players, to enhance our pitching staff, then do it if the right deal came along.  I'd be willing to part with about any position player on our mlb roster other than Adley and Gunnar.  If Mullins is our most valuable trade piece on the roster, then trade him for pitching.  I feel we have enough young talent coming up to replace his production in the lineup. Let's be clear, I'm not advocating a firesale or anything goofy. But with Westburg, Ortiz, Stowers, Cowser, etc all possibly seeing MLB time this year and hopefully outperforming who they replace in the lineup, and a full year of Gunnar and Adley, I expect the runs scored to increase even if we don't add bats from free agency.  But it's the arms that worry me as Grod only 1 starter and will be limited on pitches.  I'm ok with trading a position starter if we can get a worthwhile pitcher, and Mullins may be the best chip to play.   And given that I'm down on him repeating a 3.8 WAR season or better in 2023, he'd be at the top of my list.  We will get more for him than we would for a Hays, Mateo or Urias.
    • But the O's can keep Mullins, improve at other positions and have a better team.
    • I think Carlos Rodon just makes too much sense. That’s the guy I would be targeting.
  • Popular Contributors