2/28 Marlins/Os

Crazysilver03

:laughlol:

Manfra mentions that there's "double-barreled" action in the Marlins' bullpen. Where did that expression come from, anyway? There aren't any barrels in a bullpen.

Anyway, Huff lines a two-run single, giving him 3 RBIs for the day. It's 4-0 Birds.

I think that's one of Manfra's famous lines, I remember hearing him say that a lot. Very good illustration. I can see the barrels just sitting there behind the pitchers warming up.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:laughlol:

I think that's one of Manfra's famous lines, I remember hearing him say that a lot. Very good illustration. I can see the barrels just sitting there behind the pitchers warming up.

In case there is anybody unclear on what it means, it means there is both a lefty and a righty warming. Not just two guys in the pen. Took me a minute to figure that out.

Manfra mentions that there's "double-barreled" action in the Marlins' bullpen. Where did that expression come from, anyway? There aren't any barrels in a bullpen.

Anyway, Huff lines a two-run single, giving him 3 RBIs for the day. It's 4-0 Birds.

Barrel, in this case, refers to the barrel of a cannon, not a storage barrel. It compares the throwing of a baseball to the firing of a cannon. The phrase 'give'em both barrels' is a saying which means roughly 'give'em all we've got.'

Barrel, in this case, refers to the barrel of a cannon, not a storage barrel. It compares the throwing of a baseball to the firing of a cannon. The phrase 'give'em both barrels' is a saying which means roughly 'give'em all we've got.'

Wow, I didn't expect anyone to actually know the answer to that. Rep to you!

Archived