4/14 vs. Brewers

Morgan423

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

When talking about Jackson struggling remember...Willie Mays went 1-26 in his 1951 debut...I still think Jackson needs to get his confidence back

This ain’t 1951. 

People have the patience of gnats these days. 

I’d be curious to see if anyone back then was griping at Willie Mays for his first 25 at bats.  

I'm not saying Holliday will have a career like Mays, but I remember this tidbit when I wrote a theme about Willie as my "most unforgettable character" in 3rd grade. I still have the paper. 

I went back to check that on Wikipedia:

"Mays appeared in his first major league game on May 25 against the Philadelphia Phillies at Shibe Park, batting third. He had no hits in his first 12 at bats in the major leagues, but in his 13th on May 28, he hit a home run off Warren Spahn over the left-field roof of the Polo Grounds."

5 minutes ago, O's84 said:

He will have a long leash as he should.  He has to learn at the ML level, he doesn't have anything to prove down there.

What else does Norby have to prove down there? He's scuffling. With the bat AND on defense. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

This ain’t 1951. 

People have the patience of gnats these days. 

I’d be curious to see if anyone back then was griping at Willie Mays for his first 25 at bats.  

Social media wanted him sent down.