4/21 @ Royals

Morgan423

Two of Lugo's four starts were vs the White Sox, who are starting to set all time records for offensive futility.   The White Sox are last in MLB at 2.15 runs per game.   Another start was against the Twins, who are 3rd from the bottom in MLB with 3.47 rpg.   The Orioles are 3rd in all of baseball, 5.85 rpg... so the Orioles score more in the typical game than the White Sox and Twins combined.

Lugo's other start was vs the Astros, who so far this year are below MLB average at 4.36 rpg.

Just now, elextrano8 said:

I think that every time they show it, and they almost always cut back to Hyde and I think "huh, actually it kinda does"

It reminds me of another player that I can't place, and they just slapped Hyde's name on it lol.

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

It really is. I always laugh at it. Last night my daughter and I were playing some Roblox game and we would throw each other and every time you threw each other it  yelled “YEET”. I couldn’t stop laughing. 

Isn't it also a direct call back to what Cowser said?

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I don't get calling for a review. It was obvious in slo-mo where the ball hit theta little fence and where it went afterwards. Did the Orioles not know that, or not know the ground rules, or just decide, "What the hell. It wasn't a HR but maybe the umpires will get it wrong." 

It was a crew chief review. The only thing I can think of is they wanted to check to see if it went off a fan vs off the railing. I thought it was obvious on the first live view that hit off the fence below the fan railing and was still play.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Lugo pitch count pretty high 53 pitches...Ragins had nearly that many in the second inning yesterday...

I can't believe they left him out there for that many pitches. Crazy.