General Brackets Thead

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol 4 non-power conference teams in. Good. My plan of the actual best teams being in the tournament is slowly coming to fruition. Although I'm sure we'll get to hear all the fans of those teams complain. See ya next time, nubs!

St Mary's is the only team I feel has a good argument. They lost their best player for most of the year, he came back recently and they had been playing really well despite the loss to Gonzaga. Wisconsin is doo doo, and has no business in the dance.

St Mary's is the only team I feel has a good argument. They lost their best player for most of the year, he came back recently and they had been playing really well despite the loss to Gonzaga. Wisconsin is doo doo, and has no business in the dance.

Agreed.......I think Wisconsin over St. Mary's is the only injustice with regards to the selections.

Initial observations: SEC gets no respect, Big East is overrated. No way did Syracuse deserve a 3 seed. That is ridiculous and it's clear that the 6OT game has been well overhyped. Wake Forest was clearly a better team than Syracuse all season, but they don't play 6 OT games in the Big East.

Tennessee and LSU were underseeded by about 2 spots IMO.

Utah gets a 5 seed, but nobody else, besides BYU, even gets in out of that conference.

Clemson and FSU were also underseeded. On second glance, the committee really favored the Big East and Big 12, while underrating the ACC and SEC.

Initial observations: SEC gets no respect, Big East is overrated. No way did Syracuse deserve a 3 seed. That is ridiculous and it's clear that the 6OT game has been well overhyped. Wake Forest was clearly a better team than Syracuse all season, but they don't play 6 OT games in the Big East.

Tennessee and LSU were underseeded by about 2 spots IMO.

Utah gets a 5 seed, but nobody else, besides BYU, even gets in out of that conference.

Clemson and FSU were also underseeded. On second glance, the committee really favored the Big East and Big 12, while underrating the ACC and SEC.

How can you possibly think the SEC got the shaft? You've been singing this tune all week but haven't provided any real evidence. I think Auburn maybe deserved a seed but the conference as a whole is dog crap.

Agreed.......I think Wisconsin over St. Mary's is the only injustice with regards to the selections.

As far as the selection of teams, I agree. However, I have real issues with the seeding. Big East is way overrated. All 3 #1 seeds from the Big East deserved it, but I thought the rest of the conference was overrated.

How can you possibly think the SEC got the shaft? You've been singing this tune all week but haven't provided any real evidence. I think Auburn maybe deserved a seed but the conference as a whole is dog crap.

I think they got shafted b/c LSU and Tennessee were underseeded. Tennessee is a very talented team with some good wins, including Marquette and Siena. They did lose some games OOC, but played a tough schedule. LSU goes 26-7, before last week was #11 in the country, and gets a #8 seed. I could be wrong, but I just think the conference was underrated a bit this year. They have 3 teams to prove the committee wrong, so we'll see.

BTW, I'm sure you know this but the head of the selection committee is also the commissioner of the SEC.

But, it's not like he is going to impose his will over the entire committee. If the general consensus is that the SEC is way down this year, there is not alot he can do to turn them around in their thought process.

As far as the selection of teams, I agree. However, I have real issues with the seeding. Big East is way overrated. All 3 #1 seeds from the Big East deserved it, but I thought the rest of the conference was overrated.

If I was a UNC fan, I would be real pissed about the LSU seed.

If I was a UNC fan, I would be real pissed about the LSU seed.

UNC fans are all jerks anyway, who cares about them.

Seriously though, playing in Greensboro leaves me no reason to complain about who we will be playing.

However, I did pick LSU in my Final Four a few weeks ago so i agree with your original point. Will be a pretty tough game. I'll take my chances though.

Archived