General Brackets Thead

Pedro Cerrano

They do...Louisville is a legit team...They have a few NBA first rounders, play great defense, have size and athleticism and of course, a great coach.

Oddly enough, I've only caught them against UCONN (they got crushed at home), Notre Dame (got beat by 30), Syracuse (dead tired last night), and another loss early in the year. So while I agree with your analysis, I have yet to see them play really well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oddly enough, I've only caught them against UCONN (they got crushed at home), Notre Dame (got beat by 30), Syracuse (dead tired last night), and another loss early in the year. So while I agree with your analysis, I have yet to see them play really well.

It goes back to the idea that no one is really all that great.

No Florida teams, no Duke in the early 90's, no UNC of a few years ago.

No teams like that....So much parity.

I dont know about anyone else, but I really like Purdue.

The West is rather weak, and I think they have a pretty good shot at making the final four.

People have been all over them this year...I saw them once...They got killed at home by Duke.

The only big 10 team I ever really respect year in and year out is Mich St.

I hate basing things on what they have just done.

It is like when a team goes undefeated in college football until late November and they have no chance at making the championship game.

The committee chairman kept talking about body of work...That is exactly how it should be.

Plus, Arizona passes the eye test...2 top 20 NBA picks and a host of other talent...They have some talent and are one of the best 34 at large teams.

I understand the selection based on as you say the eye test. However I don't think there is any comparison between a scenario where in football a team loses their one game late and they have no chance of playing for a title. Finishing the year a .500 in a mediocre conference and going a month to finish the year with only one win should have some adverse consequences, shouldn't it?

I understand the selection based on as you say the eye test. However I don't think there is any comparison between a scenario where in football a team loses their one game late and they have no chance of playing for a title. Finishing the year a .500 in a mediocre conference and going a month to finish the year with only one win should have some adverse consequences, shouldn't it?

But how cna you just look at that and say they shouldnt be in? They played nothing but NCAA tournament teams down the stretch. Should they be punished because they had a tough run of games down the stretch? No way, IMO. You look at a season as a whole. Arizona beat UCLA, Washington, Gonzaga, Kansas, and San Diego State.

And while the Pac-10 was down, it wasn't terrible. Who do you think should have been over them?

The Pac 10 did send 6 teams...Yes, it was down and yes it would have only sent 5 had USC not won the tourney but USC is a talented team.

And yes, the similarities are there...Yes, its not as many losses but obviously, you have to look at it percentage wise in terms of games played between the sports.

Arizona had some great wins this year and deserve to be in the tourney.

It goes back to the idea that no one is really all that great.

No Florida teams, no Duke in the early 90's, no UNC of a few years ago.

No teams like that....So much parity.

Agreed, although I only think there are a few teams that can win it this year.

But how cna you just look at that and say they shouldnt be in? They played nothing but NCAA tournament teams down the stretch. Should they be punished because they had a tough run of games down the stretch? No way, IMO. You look at a season as a whole. Arizona beat UCLA, Washington, Gonzaga, Kansas, and San Diego State.

And while the Pac-10 was down, it wasn't terrible. Who do you think should have been over them?

I can understand them being there and I don't really know who else I would have in there since I agree with most about St. Mary's deserving Wisconsin's slot rather than Arizona's slot. I just cannot say that I am a fan of scenario where there are no consequences to having such a prolonged terrible finish to a season. It's only a minor quibble as I don't have a good example of who should have received their slot.

I dont know about anyone else, but I really like Purdue.

The West is rather weak, and I think they have a pretty good shot at making the final four.

I don't like the Big Ten at all, but Purdue is interesting. They're not as typical as your usual slow down, beat em up Big Ten teams. Hummel is a surprisingly good athlete and guys like Moore and Grant give them the ability to run moreso than other Big Ten "Wisconsin" types. I like them a little.

I can understand them being there and I don't really know who else I would have in there since I agree with most about St. Mary's deserving Wisconsin's slot rather than Arizona's slot. I just cannot say that I am a fan of scenario where there are no consequences to having such a prolonged terrible finish to a season.

Well, it also has to do with many other teams just not deserving anything.

South Carolina, Penn st, Creighton, etc....

None of those teams deserved it either.

I can understand them being there and I don't really know who else I would have in there since I agree with most about St. Mary's deserving Wisconsin's slot rather than Arizona's slot. I just cannot say that I am a fan of scenario where there are no consequences to having such a prolonged terrible finish to a season. It's only a minor quibble as I don't have a good example of who should have received their slot.

I mean there are consequences. It killed their seed and almost knocked them out of the tournament. If they hadn't piled up so many good wins early on, they would have been out.

I think its important to play well down the stretch sure, but I think its more important to have the entire resume look good.

I don't like the Big Ten at all, but Purdue is interesting. They're not as typical as your usual slow down, beat em up Big Ten teams. Hummel is a surprisingly good athlete and guys like Moore and Grant give them the ability to run moreso than other Big Ten "Wisconsin" types. I like them a little.

These are good points...But still, big 10 is terrible and I just can't respect most of the teams in that conference.

But, Purdue could certainly surprise.

These are good points...But still, big 10 is terrible and I just can't respect most of the teams in that conference.

But, Purdue could certainly surprise.

Normally I do feel that way about the Big Ten, but something about this Purdue team interests me. I have them going to the Sweet 16.

Archived