What are the best and worst trades in Orioles history?

I remember not liking the Jeffrey Hammonds for Willie Greene trade but Greene did have 3 partial .800+ OPS seasons before the trade happened. He did nothing with the O's however.

The Glenn Davis trade was awful in retrospect, but at the time it happened I thought we we're getting a HOF type slugger. Didnt work out that way.

Brady Anderson for Mike Boddicker trade was a solid win for the O's, though it took almost 4 years for Brady to become an impact player.

On 5/18/2024 at 11:46 PM, chipster22 said:

I've been an O's fan since 1960, when the Yankees were king (and I hated them for it and still do).  I picked the Orioles because they were at least giving the Yankers some good contests.  It all changed when they traded for Frank Robinson.  When he helped them to a WS title in 1966, I was hooked on the team for good.

The worst trade imo was when they acquired Glenn Davis from Houston. What a disappointment.

No doubt. Frank wins the triple crown and leads us to a WS championship. 

On 8/20/2024 at 3:03 PM, jabba72 said:

I remember not liking the Jeffrey Hammonds for Willie Greene trade but Greene did have 3 partial .800+ OPS seasons before the trade happened. He did nothing with the O's however.

The Glenn Davis trade was awful in retrospect, but at the time it happened I thought we we're getting a HOF type slugger. Didnt work out that way.

Brady Anderson for Mike Boddicker trade was a solid win for the O's, though it took almost 4 years for Brady to become an impact player.

Don't forget the Orioles got Schilling too. 

For me I hated the Eddie Murray trade. The Orioles got what Ken Howell, Juan Bell and Brian Holton if my memory is correct. DeCinces for Ford wasn't a very good deal. Bobby Bo for Damian Buford and Alex Ochoa was a win. Getting David Wells for Curtis Goodwin was solid as Wells was good. Obviously the Josh Hader deal for Bud Norris looks terrible now. Getting Devo from the Dodgers for Mike Morgan who was terrible for the Orioles was very solid.  Just some off the top of my head. 

Edited by Baseball fandom

On 8/20/2024 at 3:03 PM, jabba72 said:

It took 4 years and a lil something something