The 2024 Trade Deadline

On 6/16/2024 at 10:05 PM, Bemorewins said:

Watching this weekend, the only game that we lost was the game that became the battle of the bullpens. The Phillies 4/5th reliever has better stuff than our best guy. 

If you watched this series and said to yourself our relievers are better than theirs, then I’m not sure what you were watching. The same talent gap in the bullpen will exists in the next series. 

It certainly existed.

2 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

It certainly existed.

Well, that's mostly correct. Except for yesterday when we blew a 5-1 lead. Yesterday I would say only Baker pitched well out of the pen. Today, the entire pen was awesome.

https://twitter.com/NorfolkTides/status/1803910704719704440/photo/1

Not sure where to throw this, so guess will drop it here.  But I hadn't noticed multiple of our "big 5" in Norfolk (Holliday, Norby, Kjerstad, Mayo, Stowers) not in the lineup on the same night (unless due to injury). Only Norby is in tonight's Norfolk lineup, with Kjerstad and Mayo sitting (and of course Holliday.. Stowers isn't in either, but may just not be with team yet)... Perhaps this as per usual, but seemed odd - and got me wondering, could something be in the works.

Edited by lfallo1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lfallo1 said:

https://twitter.com/NorfolkTides/status/1803910704719704440/photo/1

Not sure where to throw this, so guess will drop it here.  But I hadn't noticed multiple of our "big 5" in Norfolk (Holliday, Norby, Kjerstad, Mayo, Stowers) not in the lineup on the same night (unless due to injury). Only Norby is in tonight's Norfolk lineup, with Kjerstad and Mayo sitting (and of course Holliday.. Stowers isn't in either, but may just not be with team yet)... Perhaps this as per usual, but seemed odd - and got me wondering, could something be in the works.

I appreciate the update.  It's likely nothing, but if it is we'll know soon enough.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Ferrin and Duquette on MLBN radio were speculating whether Crochet could be a pen piece this year and rotation next year.  

Why would anyone pay a starter price for someone that might be a reliever. 

Yimi Garcia. He’s the dude to get. Then piece meal in a Robertson/Ottavino type. We have 6 SP when Kremer gets back. That’s enough to get us through the regular season. I could be swayed by acquiring a game 3/4 SP. Luis Severino could be that guy. Blake Snell could be a helluva buy low candidate as just a hired gun for the August+

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why would anyone pay a starter price for someone that might be a reliever. 

Yimi Garcia. He’s the dude to get. Then piece meal in a Robertson/Ottavino type. We have 6 SP when Kremer gets back. That’s enough to get us through the regular season. I could be swayed by acquiring a game 3/4 SP. Luis Severino could be that guy. Blake Snell could be a helluva buy low candidate as just a hired gun for the August+

Unfortunately...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/06/blue-jays-place-yimi-garcia-on-injured-list.html

• Upvote 1