Giving credit where it's due

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

But might they have value to a contending team, maybe if they have an injury?

I don't understand.

We are trying to add talent to compete for a World Series. We are not trying to sell to a contending team this season. Would a contending team be willing to give us their best back end bullpen guy?

I'm not sure I follow the logic unless you believe in the very rare contender trading with contender trade. It rarely happens especially for impact players.

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I don't understand.

We are trying to add talent to compete for a World Series. We are not trying to sell to a contending team this season. Would a contending team be willing to give us their best back end bullpen guy?

I'm not sure I follow the logic unless you believe in the very rare contender trading with contender trade. It rarely happens especially for impact players.

A contending team can he interested in Urias and Mateo.  They may not deal a bullpen piece but they may trade us a replacement prospect that backfill the guys we trade for a bullpen arm.

6 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

A contending team can he interested in Urias and Mateo.  They may not deal a bullpen piece but they may trade us a replacement prospect that backfill the guys we trade for a bullpen arm.

IMO that is a nice notion but by no means a priority. The priority is to improve the back end of the bullpen to help us to compete at a championship level. Right now, the difference between us and the Yankees is the bullpen. If we had a better pen, we would probably be tied or in front of them in the standings.