O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

Based on how the Skanks rotation had been going, Poteet, Cortes, and Gil were lined up. They took advantage of the off day and moved Cortes up a day and will be inserting Cole. 2 weeks ago when Hyde went to a 6 man rotation he could have made some tweaks, but didn't. No, it's not the end of the world if we lose 2 of 3 or get swept, but every win against them counts. Like I said, hope the offense is ready to score a lot of runs.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

The Yankees have great pitching to date. With the exception of two players they aren't exactly the scariest lineup on earth and shouldn't be elevated to the '27 Yankees status.

image.thumb.png.3c8f878760d59dc4ca1410fa60cc15f6.png

With Soto and Judge, the Yankees would have a AAA lineup.  Looking forward to when Judge's toe starts bothering him.

Well the Orioles are I guess you can say “downplaying” this series not moving Grod up a day. 

They really value him getting another day of rest and/or not bumping anyone else back a couple of games. 

I know we as fans put extra weight on this Yankee series but the pitching matchups tell you it's not of much if any extra importance to either club. Both are locks for the playoffs, playing an extra two or three games in a wild card series is not going to matter much. You have to win in the playoffs regardless. 

8 hours ago, frankwhite said:

"I hope we win one" is such weak energy, They're a good team but so are the O's.  

I totally agree. Some are still stuck in the mindset that we're a bad team. 

9 minutes ago, vab said:

I know we as fans put extra weight on this Yankee series but the pitching matchups tell you it's not of much if any extra importance to either club. Both are locks for the playoffs, playing an extra two or three games in a wild card series is not going to matter much. You have to win in the playoffs regardless. 

I’ll agree and disagree. It’s not so important with this number of games left to juggle pitchers around since you are still playing the long game.  

Bye teams going 3-5 in the DS have shown it’s not an impossible hill to climb. That said I think both teams still value winning the division. 

Rizzo just got hurt. Bad throw by 1B caused a collision at 1B. Rizzo while safe bumped into P and fell on ground. 

He was grabbing his wrist/hand. Left game. 

Red Sox are also in process of blowing the lead.