Monday 6/24 vs. Cleveland

86this

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Ho-hum...the 1983 Orioles had two seven game losing streaks...let's all just settle down.

Thank you. I mentioned this earlier in the game thread. Losing sucks and I have concerns about the team over the remainder of the season, but panicking over a 4 game losing streak isn't productive.

2 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I always liked Kjerstadt, even last year.  I was mad Hyde wouldn't play him earlier in the year.

I've always liked Kjerstad more than Cowser because of his hitting ability. Cowser has talent and is the better fielder, but I think Kjerstad has the potential to be an .800 OPS or better hitter in his prime.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, O's84 said:

The formula was don't fall behind by the time CLE's bullpen comes in.

We had the same formula in 2014 and only a white hot Royals team ruined that. This year we have to out homer the other team.

56 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

All 3 guys would’ve walked had they just not swung at all. Awful at bats, awful past 3 games by this lineup. But hey, thank goodness they scored 8 runs against the Astros when they were already down by 11. 

That what a good chase pitch will do though. He was all around the zone for the most part and didn't make many mistakes, and the one he did Mountcastle swung through.

54 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

At least HK went 2-4!

He had a very good game, and that last at bat was about as good as it got. He looks like a guy that needs to be in the lineup everyday for awhile.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yep, he deserves more playing time on this call-up.

Let's hope. We've seen this before but maybe with both Cowser and Hays struggling he'll get more PAs.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Thank you. I mentioned this earlier in the game thread. Losing sucks and I have concerns about the team over the remainder of the season, but panicking over a 4 game losing streak isn't productive.

Yeah, no one likes to lose and yes, I have concerns mostly about the decimated pitching staff, but this team is very good.